CB location

christov11

Well hello there wonderful peepol!

Ive been searching through the build threads and found a couple ideas but would like a more condensed version and less time consuming way of getting this type of shhtuff.

Im getting my CB this week and been trying to figure out where to mount it. I know 9 times out of 10 its on top of the mirror.

Im kindof over that and would like it if you charitable souls would share pics of where youve mounted yours APART from those who have it on top of the mirror. Ive seen some on the dash next to the dirvers side A pillar and wondered if that messed up the sound from that speaker a lot?

I'm looking for an easier install as im going to be doing it myself(again I know the mirror must be the easiest but im the type that likes variety as well as ease). and by ease I mean not having to take apart the whole dash... knowing me ill break something....

let the pics run free through the loins of this post please.

christov11

uhh from what i remember it just pops off... i think it took me maybe 10 minutes to install that lol

damn! thanks budd! actually love this set up... wife wont though but... my rig, my rules.... at least for now

hashtag living a lie

EDIT: still wanna see some more set ups pretty please with a cherry on the side

zimm

Caught the Bug
I was all excited to participate, but mine is mounted.... on top of the mirror. Rugged Ridge mount. Works great and it's out of the way.

JeepJeep75

I was all excited to participate, but mine is mounted.... on top of the mirror. Rugged Ridge mount. Works great and it's out of the way.

Me too! Oh, wait, yea... OP, if you want it to be invisible, get the handheld CB that just plugs into the cigarette lighter, and run a wire out the front window to a magnetic antenna on the hood. Otherwise, you might have to take a few things apart.

christov11

Why won't the wife like this setup? Here is mine sitting next to the same setup:

View attachment 216834

She seems pretty happy with it as it does not get in her way.

I was scared it would get in her way but youre right, theres plenty of room!

Me too! Oh, wait, yea... OP, if you want it to be invisible, get the handheld CB that just plugs into the cigarette lighter, and run a wire out the front window to a magnetic antenna on the hood. Otherwise, you might have to take a few things apart.

I dont mind seeing it at all, actually. Ive heard the handheld CBs aren't as good for the price? not sure where but if its more expensive just cause its handheld, im over it.

.... watch me end up having the thing on top of the mirror.... either way im just spitballing here

Kyle7R

I initially had mine under the glove box.

I didn't have any issues with it being there other than it was difficult top reach it to turn it on/off, adjust the channel, volume, etc.

Attachments

• 1470921124198.jpg
    1470921124198.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 182

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I initially had mine under the glove box.

I didn't have any issues with it being there other than it was difficult top reach it to turn it on/off, adjust the channel, volume, etc.

I have my cobra 29 in the same spot. Only problem I have is occasionally I realize that I haven't heard anything in a while and find out that the channel has changed. Either the wife's leg bumping the knob, or the wife is tired of hearing the CB LOL

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I have a 29 hanging from the center support of my Rockhard cage and really like that location. If I didnt have the sPod however it would be even better but I had to move the cb closer to me which I am not a fan of anymore.

zx6r

I have the cobra 75 and I mounted it behind the glove box. All controls are on the cobra is on the microphone and it made for a very clean install. Also you can unhook the microphone and lock it in the glove box for safe keeping. I found a video on YouTube for this install and it was very informative and easy to follow.

Desert Crawler

I have the cobra 75 and I mounted it behind the glove box. All controls are on the cobra is on the microphone and it made for a very clean install. Also you can unhook the microphone and lock it in the glove box for safe keeping. I found a video on YouTube for this install and it was very informative and easy to follow.

This is what I was going to suggest. If you don't cross much water it can also be mounted under your seat.

cartertripp

I have mine mounted right above my rear view mirror using the rugged ridge CB mount. Decent location. Only downfall is sometimes your cord can block part of the mirror. I just drive with the cord off until I need it.

Reynard

I used a rugged ridge mount. Out of the way and works like a charm.

Running dual band VHF and UHF

Attachments

• 20160811_190107.jpg
    20160811_190107.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 133
  • 20160811_190129.jpg
    20160811_190129.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 134

Andy5160

Hooked

I have the same set up so far works fine but took some time to get used to the rear view mirror.

christov11

thanks y'all! really appreciate the feedback

given the current situation...

wheeling this weekend requires CB
lack of tools or resources to make my own brakcet (not to mention spare time this week...(family visitng)
and the stores lack of inventory

the only possibility was to get the thing mounted on top of the mirror...

for now.... i really dont mind chucking 20$ in the garbage to give this mounting a shot... but will probably be swearing all weeekend haha

Top Bottom