FACTORY RUBICON 2015 Wheels

JerryGzz

Hello you all.

One quick question. I really like the look of the factory wheels on my Rubicon 2015 (2DR).

I am going on 35x12.50xR17 (BFG Km2). Does anyone recommend changing wheels for improving performance or this does not affect at all.

I think I may have to put some wheels spacers to avoid rubbing.

Thnxs for your comments.

swampdog

Hello you all.

One quick question. I really like the look of the factory wheels on my Rubicon 2015 (2DR).

I am going on 35x12.50xR17 (BFG Km2). Does anyone recommend changing wheels for improving performance or this does not affect at all.

I think I may have to put some wheels spacers to avoid rubbing.

Thnxs for your comments.

Those tires will work great on your wheels. You will need a 1.5" spacer, and I would only buy Spidertrax spacers. Used ones can be found pretty frequently for $125ish for all 4. Avoid Amazon and eBay specials.

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
When you install spacers, make sure to take off the little oem brake retaining clip things on the studs.

jorgelrod

Hooked
I was thinking the width of the wheels for a 35x12.50 should be minimim 9.5-10.

These minimums are for liability purposes, just like a rope that can withstand 700Lbs will say 500Lbs Max. They will fit on an OEM wheel, I've been running my 33's for a year and a half no problem. Needless to say, a few tire places here and there might not put the tire on the wheel due to that very reason...

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Aren't this the same as the factory ones? Except the backspace?

I was thinking the width of the wheels for a 35x12.50 should be minimim 9.5-10.

They are 8.5" instead of 8". I suspect s lot of people are running 35's on 8.5"

JoeB-JKURX

Rock Rash

It wasn't very long after I got my 2014 JKUR that I noticed some rock rash on the wheels (almost the first wheeling I had done). As I continued to wheel, the rock rash on the stock wheels continued to spread. I really liked these wheels but rather than trash the wheels more, I sold them along with the 32's they came with and got a wheel that is more protected against rash when I got my 35's. The particular wheels I got were the Level 8 Bully Pro wheels from Discount Tire. They come with a replaceable heavy gauge plastic ring protecting the wheel. There are a few other wheels that have this feature and, of course, beadlocks with their lock rings share this feature (replaceable ring).

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I've ran 35/12.50/17s on factory wheels in the past with no issues as well. I even did it without spacers for a few months. Front tires will rub the frame rails at full lock when steering, and at rub the upper spring perch at full stuff if you don't have spacers.

Last edited:
Those are pretty sweet, and correct me if I'm wrong, but with 5.2" BS a 35x12.50 should be close to even with the factory flares.
Probably pretty even. Its about an inch more BS than factory. Still a good 1/2" less than what the spacers would offer though. All setups differ, but mine rubbed the lca's even with the 1.5" spacers.
Probably, but my question is, "would they rub?" If you had to use spacers, why buy them?
Exactly

swampdog

Probably pretty even. Its about an inch more BS than factory. Still a good 1/2" less than what the spacers would offer though. All setups differ, but mine rubbed the lca's even with the 1.5" spacers.

Exactly

Whoa!!! He is alive.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Probably, but my question is, "would they rub?" If you had to use spacers, why buy them?

Agreed. If you had to use spacers, one could just pick up some used Rubi wheels if they didn't already have them.
I believe AEV uses the same backspacing and I do not believe anyone has had to use spacers on their wheels for 35s. Not 100% sure though.
You know, it's funny. When they first came out I wasn't sure if the looked good or were fugly. Now, I love the look of the factory Rubi wheels lol.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Agreed. If you had to use spacers, one could just pick up some used Rubi wheels if they didn't already have them.
I believe AEV uses the same backspacing and I do not believe anyone has had to use spacers on their wheels for 35s. Not 100% sure though.
You know, it's funny. When they first came out I wasn't sure if the looked good or were fugly. Now, I love the look of the factory Rubi wheels lol.

I like them. They look way better than the Moab wheels the Sports have

Top Bottom