2017 JK options

gheller

For anyone interested in this early 2017 options update, I just came from a sit-down with my salesman having to update my 2016 order that I placed in July to a 2017 order.

I ordered a Willy Wheeler Unlimited and the new options for 2017 were...

1. LED light package. Includes projector LED headlights and Fog Lights. The option was just under 600.00
2.Oversized Spare Tire carrier/Swing Gate Reinforcement.
3.Mopar Vehicle Locator, similar to a Lo Jack security system. (This is the only new option I did not go for)

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
For anyone interested in this early 2017 options update, I just came from a sit-down with my salesman having to update my 2016 order that I placed in July to a 2017 order.

I ordered a Willy Wheeler Unlimited and the new options for 2017 were...

1. LED light package. Includes projector LED headlights and Fog Lights. The option was just under 500.00
2.Oversized Spare Tire carrier/Swing Gate Reinforcement.
3.Mopar Vehicle Locator, similar to a Lo Jack security system. (This is the only new option I did not go for)

the Mopar LED's looked like JW's, wonder if that's what they'll use.

hmm not so sure about the tire carrier if it's the TF unit, maybe re-engineered? I have to say the stock carrier held up well for me for many years with a 35, I may put it back on as I'm not so sure I'm that crazy about the AEV I have on there now.

I like the locator idea - did they give you a price on it?

gheller

the Mopar LED's looked like JW's, wonder if that's what they'll use.

hmm not so sure about the tire carrier if it's the TF unit, maybe re-engineered? I have to say the stock carrier held up well for me for many years with a 35, I may put it back on as I'm not so sure I'm that crazy about the AEV I have on there now.

I like the locator idea - did they give you a price on it?

I hope the Beefed up Tire Carrier is worth the approx 800.00.

I thought the same thing about the JW for the light upgrade. Good deal I think for both headlights and fog lights for under 600

I am not sure what the price was on the Mopar Vehicle Locator. I saw the prices on the salesman screen but after leaving dealer my recollection of the exact price is hazy. I believe it was approx 700. I'm now thinking I should have just went with it. The best benefit having it might be insurance savings

Last edited:

gheller

I'd be interested to find out what the subscription fees look like for the locator
I didn't want any more subscription fees. As it is, I'm a bit pissed that I have to pay for a year subscription to SiriusXM just for opting for the 430 radio head. This is not new for 2017, they tacked on this fee in my 2016 build.

JK4Me

I didn't want any more subscription fees. As it is, I'm a bit pissed that I have to pay for a year subscription to SiriusXM just for opting for the 430 radio head. This is not new for 2017, they tacked on this fee in my 2016 build.

They are charging you for the subscription? No more 3 month free trial?

gheller

I just went on to the jeep website and built a 2016 Willys wheeler to see if I could find the info for you. It looks that they have removed the built in subscription to the SIRIUSXM radio, but yes, it was about 195 for 1 year. It was not optional, rather it was automatically added on when you selected the 430 radio option.
Now it is not added on or included as an option. They might have just recently terminated their partnership or whatever they had going on with SIRIUSXM.
I did not notice it in my 2017 build either (I just assumed it was still built in) so maybe it's been removed altogether.
That would be good.

Moochie

With my 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk I received one year of SIRIUS free. I already have two other vehicles with SIRIUS subscriptions. This will be my third when it's time to start paying for it.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug

All 3 JK's I have bought I got a year free subscription. Only had to pay when the free year was up to keep the service. We opted not to this time since satellite radio doesn't work out in the middle of the Pacific lol.

JKbrick

All 3 JK's I have bought I got a year free subscription. Only had to pay when the free year was up to keep the service. We opted not to this time since satellite radio doesn't work out in the middle of the Pacific lol.

That stinks, would have thought it would work anywhere. On a Sidenote I'm kinda surprised how much it is per year.

Modit

That stinks, would have thought it would work anywhere. On a Sidenote I'm kinda surprised how much it is per year.
You have to play the stupid game with them. Cancel and then wait for them to give you a good deal. It's a pain in the ass but it's the only way I can get the subscription for the price I think is fair.

gheller

My bad, sorry for the confusion. The 195.00 fee they were charging on the Willys build last month I guess is to equip the radio to receive satellite service, and the 1 year subscription to SiriusXM comes free with that. It was confusing on the build configurator in that it showed the 195.00 fee/option being added to the build automatically and there was no way to remove it. (clicking the "Remove" button did nothing)
Below is a screen shot of the configurator window.
Jeep SiriusXM Radio2.jpg

Now, it appears that The Willys comes with Satellite Radio as a Standard feature and the option to Add or Remove it is no longer there. Its possible it was Standard in the past and that's why the configurator would not let it be removed (which would have been a website design flaw)

gheller

Let the Sirius run out. They'll mail you all kinds of offers. Then call & haggle. I got 6months for my wife & me for $44

From what I have been reading, that is a pretty good deal. It sucks that you would have to haggle whenever comes time to renew.
Supposedly SIRIUSXM customer service is terrible.

I guess I will be getting one year of service and see how I like it....then take it from there. Good that I know about this renewal game ahead of time

Andy5160

Hooked

WTF it should come with one year free subscription
Also what kind of the tire carrier and the bumper they are getting you?

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
WTF it should come with one year free subscription
Also what kind of the tire carrier and the bumper they are getting you?

That's what I'm saying! They must have changed it. As mentioned before, all 3 Jeeps I got a 1 year trial subscription for free. My wife's 2014 Town and Country we got the same thing. No way I'd pay that much when I could just connect my phone and listen to Pandora or something instead.

Top Bottom