Sway bar disconnects

Looking for some real good sway bar disconnects, any recommendations?

I've got the teraflex quick discos on my sport. They work fine, but at some point I'll be looking to buy a used rubi e discos, and then getting the Evo no limits. If you don't need the e discos, JKS makes some decent ones.

Petzl88

I would get the JKS ones above all. A friend has the Teraflex ones and they are very difficult to remove where the JKS are easy to remove.

10abadilla/jk

Yep. They "work" for me, but they are not "quick". I need a small pry bar and rubber mallet to get them off lol.

My teraflex ones are the same way. The only way to get them on or off quickly is level ground. Other then that I have to tap them with something. They hold up just fine though. No limit would be the way to go in my opinion.

CarolinaJK

Definitely look for a used Rubicon sway bar. It may take some time, but you can usually find a cheapish one. Pair it with the Evo no-limits. Worth every penny.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
JKS quicker disconnects. Disconnect them on level ground, if possible. Turning the wheels to each side helps you reach them easily.

AnthonyG24

I've got the teraflex quick discos on my sport. They work fine, but at some point I'll be looking to buy a used rubi e discos, and then getting the Evo no limits. If you don't need the e discos, JKS makes some decent ones.

I'm new to this but once you take off the E. Disconnects or replace it there manual right? How different are the evolutions to the others. Cause the setup I'm going with is all evo mfg for suspension.

AnthonyG24

Yea guys I don't want anything difficult to be messing around with on the trails. I'm a firm believer on you get for what you pay for.

Dempsey

Quick Discos

Jks has some good sway bar disconnect. They are pretty pricey but I like the design there are pins on both sides to remove it entirely.

I got the JKS disconnects and i really couldn't be happier. They are one of my favorite things i have added to my JK. They come on and off real easy (provided the jeep is on level ground). Occasionally ill take a rubber mallet to mine to pop em off, takes a max of 2 mins. I dont know if anyone else mentioned this but JKS also sells straps to hold up your sway bar up when it is disconnected, so you dont rub your tire or what not. (see below for links) Not completely necessary as you can rig something up yourself pretty easy, that will work just as well.

Lanyards:
https://www.northridge4x4.com/fits/...4dr/disconnects/2039-jks-sway-bar-lanyard-kit

Discos:
https://www.northridge4x4.com/fits/...s/2030-jks-sway-bar-quicker-disconnect-system

Just make sure you get the right ones depending on your lift. Oh and make sure you grease em up everytime you change your oil.

You wont regret em, i sure dont. :rock:

Coop

Caught the Bug
I got the JKS disconnects and i really couldn't be happier. They are one of my favorite things i have added to my JK. They come on and off real easy (provided the jeep is on level ground). Occasionally ill take a rubber mallet to mine to pop em off, takes a max of 2 mins. I dont know if anyone else mentioned this but JKS also sells straps to hold up your sway bar up when it is disconnected, so you dont rub your tire or what not. (see below for links) Not completely necessary as you can rig something up yourself pretty easy, that will work just as well.

Lanyards:
https://www.northridge4x4.com/fits/...4dr/disconnects/2039-jks-sway-bar-lanyard-kit

Discos:
https://www.northridge4x4.com/fits/...s/2030-jks-sway-bar-quicker-disconnect-system

Just make sure you get the right ones depending on your lift. Oh and make sure you grease em up everytime you change your oil.

You wont regret em, i sure dont. :rock:
I gave up on the lanyards. They kept loosening on the trail and ended up letting the sway bar hit the front coils. I use heavy plastic tie wraps (18 inch or 24 inch). These don't loosen.

Top Bottom