Hood Mod

danco3636

Looking to change out my hood for a TMD cowl inducted hood. I do have a Ripp SC in my 2010. Looking to 1, draw out some of the engine heat and 2, because it may just look cool.

Looking for insights, thoughts and experiences.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Looking to change out my hood for a TMD cowl inducted hood. I do have a Ripp SC in my 2010. Looking to 1, draw out some of the engine heat and 2, because it may just look cool.

Wow that price is steep. Why not add a PSC hood louver for a third of the price? It will allow heat to escape easier and looks better IMO.

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
I have the PSC. It was a little more because I had it sprayed black. It was still only like 130 if I remember correctly. I'm putting on this weekend. I'll put up some pics.

Sullivan

Wow that's a lot of cash for the TMD hood.
I have the PSC hood louver and the Ripp SC. Works great and does allow a lot of heat to escape. You can try to find something that allows you to pull directly from fresh air, but it's going to lost likely restrict the air flow into the Ripp.

swampdog

I've been impressed by almost every EVO product I have used or seen, but I think the hood vent is pretty ugly.

GraniteCrystal

If I remember correctly, Moby and Rubicat have normal hoods, nothing special to release heat. Is there really a need to let the heat off through openings in the hood if Eddie doesn't need anything for those?

danco3636

If I remember correctly, Moby and Rubicat have normal hoods, nothing special to release heat. Is there really a need to let the heat off through openings in the hood if Eddie doesn't need anything for those?

True.... going to keep stock hood. will add inner fender vents to add some air flow.

Dubaibentzen

I had a RIPP SC on my 2009 JKU and it was mostly the intercooler blocking the airflow that caused the heat to build up. I also tried with the Poison Spyder Hood louvre, but it didn't do much difference. I even tried with the Spal fan which has more air flowing through, but it would still overheat.

Tree Frog

Now see this is how I know I am the weird one around here.

Really don't care for the PSC hood vent and love the Evo One!
However I have seen at least two different types of grill used.
One looks like screen and the other looked like mill cut lines,

Remember it sits flat on the hood and you would not really see it much unless you are looking down from above at it.

danco3636

Well looking at the River Raider Hi-Flow Hood and it just may fit the bill.
The TMD doesn't seem available anymore and the River Raider comes in at a light weight of 14 lbs.
Any one with any experiences with it or insights?

Top Bottom