River Raider Skid Plates and changing oil...

bdubnit

So i had the misfortune of buying a used jeep a while back and the previous owner had installed the full river raider skid plate system. After many oil changes and countless paper towels later, I decided to see if maybe I was just unlucky and the oil drain hole was cut out of the wrong spot on my skid, or if others have the same issue. Needless to say i haven't really found anything good said about the RR skid plates.

Anyways, I'm trying to find a less frustrating way of changing the oil in my jeep. On the RROF website, they have this - http://rror2.haukdesign.com/EZ-Oil-Drain-Valve?search=oil

I feel like I looked this up in the past and they had the same type of oil drain valve but with a nipple that you could affix a hose to. This would definitely make my life easy, but I question having a lever on the piece that holds all the oil in my jeep. Maybe an auto parts store carries these?

Any thoughts or recommendations on this? Maybe I should just cut out a portion of the skid plate to make it drain properly?

Thanks in adavance

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Something like that would work perfectly since the valve would sit on top and be out of the way. Frogmech recently installed something similar to this on his jeep and he got it off of amazon for about $20 less

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
On my old TJ, I ran a Skid Row Skid for a period of time and it had a similar problem. For it, I installed a Fumoto valve and it worked well. I could even hook up a hose to it to make it work even better and without any mess.

fumoto06.jpg

fumoto05.jpg

gonzzo

I have the ez drain valve in my jk. I got it from work(we are a retailer for ez drain).

I also got their positionable elbow for use,if i ever install any type of shields that may get in the way.

I dig the valve!, ubber easy to install and even easier to use!.

Let me know if you have any questions!.

Thank you.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom