Traction light on - miffed

randomhero199

Having some teething issues I guess, we wheeled very easy portion of alpine loop yesterday, drove to ouray today on highway all was well minus slightly under inflated tires... Park, go to shops, get back in and the traction light is on. Last time this happened I had a wheel speed sensor wheel come loose and get partially severed by tire. Checked all 4 wires, fine, have full synergy arms and steering, everything was tight.. What else could cause this? Good news is it still drove fine, but I'm curious if there isn't any underlying issue. And shocker, trail dash reads no codes or errors, once again worthless .... Any ideas, going to do Imogen and Engineers pass tomorrow, want peace of mind. 2014 jku rubicon if that matters

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Had that happen a few times, oddly enough, when I was wheelin on colorado. The culprit was being offroad, hitting a bump, causing a tire to bounce off the ground slightly, sping for a second, then the light went on.....drove a bunch of miles and it went away on it's own. Had it happen when I was driving on the i70 through insane crosswind....so insane that I had to countersteer to go in a straight line....which again, caused the light to go on, and it went off on it's own a while later. Just put some miles on the rig and it should go away.

Coop

Caught the Bug
Is your steering wheel centered? My toe was off enough after wheeling it tripped the traction control. Easy enough to reset toe, recenter steering wheel with drag link, traction control was happy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom