Jeep jk 3in coils

spencerd45

Hello everyone,

I have a 2 door jk sport with a 3in factory mopar lift (rebranded teraflex lift with fox shocks). After about a year with the kit, Im done with the harsh ride and looking for an improvement.

I would like to change the coils to new ones, but retain about the same ride height so i can use my existing components. Any suggestions?

Thanks again,
Spencer

swampdog

EVO plush rides. This thread can be ended now!

Seriously though, they ride great (smooth / soft) and run true to advertised height on a 4 door.

spencerd45

EVO plush rides. This thread can be ended now!

Seriously though, they ride great (smooth / soft) and run true to advertised height on a 4 door.

Can they be purchased coils only? And a true 3in coil on a 4 door would be closer to 3.5-4 on a 2 door right?
Just something to consider

swampdog

Can they be purchased coils only? And a true 3in coil on a 4 door would be closer to 3.5-4 on a 2 door right?

Yes they can be purchased in coils only. I will let someone running this setup on a 2-door chime in for first hand data on height.

thardy

Banned

Yes they can be purchased in coils only. I will let someone running this setup on a 2-door chime in for first hand data on height.

A fellow member, jkwebbie, has the EVO 3" plush rides on his and I want to say they're closer to a 4" lift. Depending on tire size, I would suggest going with the EVO 2" front coils from the leveling kit and pairing it with either a spacer or an OME 2" rear spring, or going with JKS springs. Trail Jeeps, a vendor here would be able to provide more info on the JKS springs.

spencerd45

Appreciated. Just looking for it all to work together since the kit came with new non adjustable control arms and don't want to mess up existing geometry too much

Last edited:
Top Bottom