Detroit axle ball joints.

10abadilla/jk

I am still running stock ball joints on my 2012 jk. I bought some Detroit axle ball joints with zerk fittings. Upper and lower. I mainly bought them for the safety aspect of if I am on a trail and they fail I have spares. I plan to either go moog or synergy. But I was wondering if anyone has reviews on Detroit axle ball joints and if I should just put them on now over the stock ball joints until I can afford synergy or moog ones. My though was just run them until they fail then upgrade but I did want a set of basic backups. Anyone have any insight on Detroit axle ball joints thank you.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I am still running stock ball joints on my 2012 jk. I bought some Detroit axle ball joints with zerk fittings. Upper and lower. I mainly bought them for the safety aspect of if I am on a trail and they fail I have spares. I plan to either go moog or synergy. But I was wondering if anyone has reviews on Detroit axle ball joints and if I should just put them on now over the stock ball joints until I can afford synergy or moog ones. My though was just run them until they fail then upgrade but I did want a set of basic backups. Anyone have any insight on Detroit axle ball joints thank you.

Never heard of the Detroit ones. Honestly I would just save your money even more and skip the synergy and moog ones. I ran both synergy and crown in the past and they both failed within 10k miles since they are both the same ball joint. After spending almost 1k on 4 sets of ball joints I finally bit the bullet and got some Dynatrac pro steers. They are rebuildable BUT after talking to Tim and trail jeeps he has yet to rebuild a set or sell the rebuild kit.

10abadilla/jk

That's something I'm going to do for sure then. I'll run the stocks for now until they fail then the Detroit axle until those fail then I'll get the dynatracs thank you for the advice. Glad I got it before I went and bought the synergy.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
That's something I'm going to do for sure then. I'll run the stocks for now until they fail then the Detroit axle until those fail then I'll get the dynatracs thank you for the advice. Glad I got it before I went and bought the synergy.

I honestly wouldn't even waste your money on the Detroit ones either. If your stock ones are fine then save your money till you can afford the dynatracs. Trail jeeps has the best price on the pro steers (from what I researched)

10abadilla/jk

I honestly wouldn't even waste your money on the Detroit ones either. If your stock ones are fine then save your money till you can afford the dynatracs. Trail jeeps has the best price on the pro steers (from what I researched)

I already purchased them a while back. I have them just sitting in the back of the jeep. And I will definitely look on trail jeeps. I found a set somewhere else for 550.

JKbrick

I already purchased them a while back. I have them just sitting in the back of the jeep. And I will definitely look on trail jeeps. I found a set somewhere else for 550.

Watch the for sale threads, I got a set a couple years ago used for under $300 if I remember correctly. I figured I could always rebuild them so it didn't bother me to buy used ones

10abadilla/jk

Watch the for sale threads, I got a set a couple years ago used for under $300 if I remember correctly. I figured I could always rebuild them so it didn't bother me to buy used ones
Thank you. Yea I wouldn't care if they are used because like you said they can be rebuilt.

Top Bottom