Looking for a good Rock Slide Rail

The Kraken

Hope this ok to post in this area. I have a 2015 Jeep Wrangler JKU Sport and looking for a solid set of rock sliders for some protection on my Jeep. I really would prefer to get the EVO rails but just not in the budget right now. Does anyone have any ideas or experience from what they currently have or had experience with? Thanks in advance! :thumb:

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Not gonna knock you for something besides EVO but will say I would save and get the EVO ones. They are well worth their asking price. Just my two cents.

Kyle7R

Hope this ok to post in this area. I have a 2015 Jeep Wrangler JKU Sport and looking for a solid set of rock sliders for some protection on my Jeep. I really would prefer to get the EVO rails but just not in the budget right now. Does anyone have any ideas or experience from what they currently have or had experience with? Thanks in advance! :thumb:

If they aren't in the budget, and that's what you want then keep squirreling away coin until you can get them. Buy once, cry once.

Otherwise, you will buy something cheaper, that will probably not fit the bill of what you want and not perform the same.

The Kraken

If they aren't in the budget, and that's what you want then keep squirreling away coin until you can get them. Buy once, cry once.

Otherwise, you will buy something cheaper, that will probably not fit the bill of what you want and not perform the same.

Thanks, definitely good advice! I saw some others that I liked but didn't like the fact they had to be welded on. Had looked at Rock Slide Engineering and they had some similar to the boat side bomber sliders.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I saw some others that I liked but didn't like the fact they had to be welded on.

Welded to the frame will be the best as far as a rock slider is concerned. Anything that bolts to the body can and will cause body damage and basically should be consider just for looks and not an actual slider.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks, definitely good advice! I saw some others that I liked but didn't like the fact they had to be welded on. Had looked at Rock Slide Engineering and they had some similar to the boat side bomber sliders.

Evo has to be welded on........

Jkratt

I also have a sport and bought some rubicon rock rails from a fellow Wayalifer to hold me over, and figure I could resell them at a later date. If you plan on going someplace where rock rails / sliders are needed, buy the best, EVO or LOD. Once the tub of your jeep gets smacked by a rock, you will wish you had them, and be surprised at the words that come from your mouth for not having them.

The Kraken

Evo has to be welded on........

Thanks Cozdude, I totally didn't see that in the description. I don't mind anything being welded, I just don't know anyone close that could do the welding that wouldn't charge me anything.

Last edited:

The Kraken

I also have a sport and bought some rubicon rock rails from a fellow Wayalifer to hold me over, and figure I could resell them at a later date. If you plan on going someplace where rock rails / sliders are needed, buy the best, EVO or LOD. Once the tub of your jeep gets smacked by a rock, you will wish you had them, and be surprised at the words that come from your mouth for not having them.

Yeah, this is my first Jeep and wishing I had taken some different routes in parts and accessories that I have bought in the process. :thumb:Thanks for the info and since this is my daily driver as well I definitely don't it to take a hit from a rock with nothing to protect it.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks Cozdude, I totally didn't see that in the description.

Your welcome. Welded on isn't a bad thing. I have the Evo sliders and have hit them pretty hard while in Moab and here on the east coast a few times. They are rock solid and don't have a dent. Plenty of scrapes tho lol. If I were to do the same stuff with some bolt on sliders I'm not sure they would hold up. The only bolt on ones that would hold up would be the LOD sliders

rogerk93

I have the frame mounted poison spyder sliders. They are a few weeks old used them a few times my last trip out and they held up find. I love how solid they are.

The Kraken

Definitely good info cozdude, rogerk93 and Mike_JK_Houston_711. I originally wanted PSC Rocker Knockers but then I saw the EVO ones and love the look as well.

swampdog

EVO or LOD are all I would put on my ride. I have the LOD's welded on and they are beastly. But, Rubi rails are better than nothing or those little plastic steps.

The Kraken

EVO or LOD are all I would put on my ride. I have the LOD's welded on and they are beastly. But, Rubi rails are better than nothing or those little plastic steps.

Thanks Swampdog! I definitely need something to protect the Jeep. Your talking about the ones that have the built in steps right?

swampdog

Thanks Swampdog! I definitely need something to protect the Jeep. Your talking about the ones that have the built in steps right?

Yup. They can be bolted on or welded. I welded them on with my future father in law. I have landed on them a couple of times with the full weight of the jeep and nothing happened other than a little chipped powder coat. I would buy them again in a heartbeat. Plus, My fiancé is 5'-4" so she digs the step.

brooklyn4x4

Thanks Cozdude, I totally didn't see that in the description. I don't mind anything being welded, I just don't know anyone close that could do the welding that wouldn't charge me anything.

This is one of the reasons I went with lod I don't know how to weld that good I have a cheap Flux welder that wouldn't get the job done but I can drill and tap a hole. I got the lod and the install was pretty easy and there solid and can take a hit plus I like having the extra step.

Top Bottom