Transmission control module demon...

jbird720

So we've owned our '13 JKU for 6 weeks. Went into the shop last week cause it wasn't starting immediately, had a delay. The 36month bumper to bumper warranty is up Sept 1, so I ran it down there thinking it was the battery CCA were just not cutting after 3 years which is pretty normal in Florida. 90 min later the dealer tells me that it's the transmission control module that's bad, and thinking the car isn't in park. Needless to say they didn't have the part....4 days later we get it back yesterday. Today, same dang thing is happening. Delay in starting, traction control light kicks on, but the on/off button does nothing to the light. She'll be going back to the dealer in the a.m. Does anyone else have experience with this type of problem?

Markymark420

I went through a few days of starting issues, traction control light, jeep going into limp mode when my camshaft position sensor gave up the ghost on my 3.8.
I can't definitive say these symptoms only point to a faulty camshaft position sensor, but it may be worth checking out.
IIRC the associated fault code was P0340

jbird720

Mines also doing the "hot oil" light at the same time. I've had my 05 dodge ram go through the cam shafts/crank shaft/oil pressure sensor issues where it'll become symptomatic before a check engine light even would register. I'll be taking the JKU to the dealer in the hoping for resolve.

Top Bottom