Is there any fishiness to this 2014 JK CarFax report?

Pursesnatcher

So, I came across a smokin' deal on a 2014 Jeep JK Unlimited Sport near me. But had some questions regarding the CarFax that I thought I'd run by everyone. Here are the specs:

RmLqDoul.jpg

2014 JKU, White
-Sport, 24s
-Auto
-28xxx miles
-1 Owner
-Previous lease

asking: $29.9k

This particular vehicle was a lease, and was leased at this particular dealership. I checked on the CarFax 1-Owner report and came across something interesting, two instances where the computer had been reprogrammed.

P3mtTRVl.jpg

My only thought is that because the vehicle was a lease that this was routine maintenance from the dealer. But I thought I'd hit the forum and see if anyone knew of any particular reason this particular year would have needed its' computer program. I just don't want to buy a lemon!

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Yes, I blocked out the location of this Jeep... can't have anyone swooping up my deal here ;)

Best,
Colin

WJCO

Meme King
Computer's get reprogrammed all the time. The manufacturer's have updates regularly. As suggested, if you can track down what dealer did it, they may be able to give you more detail.

thardy

Banned
Honestly, I think I'd be more concerned with the "Engine Checked" and "Drivability/Performance Checked".

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Yep, what WJCO said. It happens all the time. When I worked at the dealership, the service manager would run all GM vehicles through the GM website to see if there were any recalls or flashes etc that needed to be done since the vehicle was already there. Those all should be done at no cost to the customer so it would also save them time for having to bring the vehicle back for those things. He would explain anything done as well just so they knew and weren't as worried about it anytime they got a letter in the mail or an email about a recall or something. If they were a regular customer we more than likely had performed anything needed and saved them the trip.

Pursesnatcher

Was the service done at the same dealer? Maybe they can give you some insight if it was.

Looks like a routine flash update.

Lets hope this is the case. I'm going today to test drive it and I'll be asking about the flashing. It was all the same dealer so they should have the records on file!

Honestly, I think I'd be more concerned with the "Engine Checked" and "Drivability/Performance Checked".

Right, I'll address those as well

Hopefully you can get that price down a little, that's what I paid for my 14 4dr new.

Thank you for that feedback! I'll definitely be negotiating. Also found some 2016's in the same range - could also just opt to get a new one and try to get it down to this price.

JoeB-JKURX

Late in Model Year

This late in the model year, dealers are given a lot of incentives to move vehicles. There is no doubt that you could get a brand new 16 for about $300-$500 under invoice without even breaking a sweat. You may do better than that. That would be a Sport Unlimited with Auto and Hardtop in the sub-$32K range. Zero miles and no reprogramming of computers to worry about

jorgelrod

Hooked
I'd be more worried about it being a Sport S and not having the running boards, I think that is standard on them

Jeepnoub

Definitely not a smoking deal. I bought my 2016 for 31k before taxes for a sports s automatic. That said that was the main reason we went brand new. For average 2k more then used you get a brand new jeep with all warranties and no possible hidden issues. Now 25k or lower then you're working toward a smoking deal

Top Bottom