King Bump Stops

Zadi

Hey Everyone,
I need a little help in choosing bump stops. I would like to go with the Kings as I have recently installed the EVO bolt on coilover kits. Does anyone know which of the King bumps to go with; 2.0 or 2.5? Are there kits that include all the bumps and mounting hardware? Looking to do front and rear.
Thanks in advance
Zadi

swampdog

Completely off topic, but are you sure you need king bumps for the type of wheeling you will be doing in Georgia? They are really made to soak up big high speed bums such as washboard dessert roads.

Zadi

Swampdog and Evil, thanks for your recs. We try to get out and wheel all over. Still mostly in the South East, but lots of varied terrain. I love my king coilovers and thought the bump stops would work well with the coilovers as they are both adjustable. I'm still playing with spring rates, trying to get everything level. Either way, I have ordered the kings and we'll see how it goes.
Thanks again.

Evil

I run both hi speed trails and crawling. You will be fine with them. You cant really run a jeep like a prerunner but they help when adjusted down when going fast and up higher for full flex when crawling.

Zadi

Great. Adjusting them was going to be my next question. I guess this also has to do with my specific setup. So bring them down further for rock crawling. That makes sense.

Evil

Great. Adjusting them was going to be my next question. I guess this also has to do with my specific setup. So bring them down further for rock crawling. That makes sense.

Up for rock crawling to the point they stop your tires from touching the fenders and down for fast stuff so they cushion the ride. You will need to flex it out to find out what adjustments work best for you.

Mkp08

Completely off topic, but are you sure you need king bumps for the type of wheeling you will be doing in Georgia? They are really made to soak up big high speed bums such as washboard dessert roads.

I agree with Swampdog I doubt you would need them I'm out here in Utah and do some dessert offloading more high speed. I also do a lot of mountain wheeling and didn't have them at first and the ride really isn't that bad. As far as slow wheeling goes in didnt notice that much of a difference when I got them I just noticed when i did more of the high speed stuff. But its up to you they are nice I have Kings Bump stops.

swampdog

I agree with Swampdog I doubt you would need them I'm out here in Utah and do some dessert offloading more high speed. I also do a lot of mountain wheeling and didn't have them at first and the ride really isn't that bad. As far as slow wheeling goes in didnt notice that much of a difference when I got them I just noticed when i did more of the high speed stuff. But its up to you they are nice I have Kings Bump stops.

He has already ordered them.

Top Bottom