You didnt swap out the longer sway bar bolts for shorter ones and or
All of the above. :thumb:

rogerk93

You didnt bend the brake lines in towards the frame or
You didnt move the brake lines to the top of the frame and
You didnt swap out the longer sway bar bolts for shorter ones and or
All of the above. :thumb:

That sucks. How'd that happen?

It sucks big time. The sway bar bolt pulled the line down and broke the line. But the sway bar links came with shorter bolts but I noticed it still was a little too long so I bent the metal line into the frame more so it cleared and it did fine for some time. But somehow it came into contact, so I'll have to get new lines then run it on top of the frame rather than on the side so I can avoid this from happening again. I have to say when I did my lift I read a few comments saying it is better if I re-route my lines to the top of the frame but I thought I could just bend them in. I have to say I learned my lesson.

jeeeep

Hooked
from the pic angle it almost looks like your brake line is too short and it pulled the tab down...which maybe pulled the line out enough for the bolt to catch?

rogerk93

from the pic angle it almost looks like your brake line is too short and it pulled the tab down...which maybe pulled the line out enough for the bolt to catch?

I have extended brake lines and a drop bracket. At fill flex they are still long enough. It was the sway bar bolt that pulled the line and broke it off.

rogerk93

Does anyone know if u can pick up replacement lines from a auto part store? What size fitting would I need? Or do I have to order a special kit?

madstiles

Take the line with you to the parts store in case they don't have or can't get a pre bent one. You might need to buy a flange tool and bender if you make it yourself. Harbor freight sells them I've used box wrenches before but it's easy to kink if you bend to much in one spot. You can splice the line with a compression fitting but best to run a whole new one.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Does anyone know if u can pick up replacement lines from a auto part store? What size fitting would I need? Or do I have to order a special kit?

They won't have it. The only thing they might have is line to make one.

So far the only place I've found those lines is from the dealer. Luckily they are pretty cheap.

rogerk93

Take the line with you to the parts store in case they don't have or can't get a pre bent one. You might need to buy a flange tool and bender if you make it yourself. Harbor freight sells them I've used box wrenches before but it's easy to kink if you bend to much in one spot. You can splice the line with a compression fitting but best to run a whole new one.

I'll end up changing the whole line and re-routing it so it is away from anything that moves.

rogerk93

They won't have it. The only thing they might have is line to make one.

So far the only place I've found those lines is from the dealer. Luckily they are pretty cheap.

I check the dealer out if the part store doesn't have brake lines and fittings. I hope they do. Thanks for the heads up.

scull20

I check the dealer out if the part store doesn't have brake lines and fittings. I hope they do. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm pretty sure that on the drivers side (and maybe passenger side), that hard brake lines have a connection that disconnects from another hard line as you follow it along the frame rail towards the front...about along where you would be under the back seat. The dealer may have just that short section of hard line if you have the parts guy come out and look at it. That looks like the portion you need to replace.

rogerk93

So I went to the dealer and they didn't have any in stock. So I got a 5 foot line and new fittings and re-routed the line on top of the frame out of the way. It was a pain in the ass working the line in the tight spaces. I had to use a socket to make curves into the line because the part store didn't have any line benders. But I made it work

mo0s3

Yikes, I just looked at mine and it looks like the sway bar bolts make contact with my frame at flex. Time to cut those bad boys and do some brake line relocation.
Thanks for the share! Sorry it was at your expense [emoji45]

rogerk93

Yikes, I just looked at mine and it looks like the sway bar bolts make contact with my frame at flex. Time to cut those bad boys and do some brake line relocation.
Thanks for the share! Sorry it was at your expense [emoji45]

Glad my mistake helped you out lol if you don't have a line bender thing using a large socket helps a lot and ensures a smooth turn. My links have shorter bolts and it still ended up taking the line off.

Top Bottom