1TonCJ7 Budget Build

1TonCJ7

This build will consist of a jeep I got 3 years ago from my father. Jeep has a bad frame but wasn't worried about that (since I've aquired a good frame) but we found out during a comp cut that my jeep is covered in bondo.. I'm 18 a senior attending autobody at my local career center an I hate everything about bondo.. But I'm not letting that scare me from this build because it's got sentimental value to me! I will be making new side pannels out of 16 gauge steel (factory is roughly 22 gauge). My axles for this build are a Chevy Dana 44 and a corporate 14 bolt FF 4.11 gears. Tire size I'm planning on running is 38s. Doing a yj leaf spring over with a 2in shackle lift. Going to use the AMC 258 T4 an Dana 300 for now.. More info will be added as I go!

dillard09

Nice! I like the fact that your not scared to get down like James Brown!
I had a very similar build.
84 CJ7
Dana 60 front 4.56 Detroit locker
Dana 70HD rear 4.56 and Detroit locker
3 link front 4 link rear
Comp cut corners
37s with H1s

It had no motor or tranny but had Dana 300. And needed some coilovers.
I have a very good friend that always was helping other and never did anything for himself and at the time I had 3 jeep and only a 1 car garage so something had to go. So I have it to him for FREE.

I really look forward to seeing what you do. Good luck! Don't forget pictures!

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Sounds tough. Can't wait for the pictures.
Bondo is actually a good thing in small doses

1TonCJ7

Thanks guys today I attended an event an looked at a guy who had a yj with bronco axles an spring over with 4.5 lift springs I like how it looked! So I think I'm gonna use my lift springs an ditch the saggy yj springs! But I'm still trying to get a good steering setup with out braking the bank.. It's not as hard as some people think just very time consuming that's about it..

Top Bottom