sway bar link install issue

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I'm installing a new sway bar link in my front and I can't keep the inner bolt from spinning when I'm installing the side that attaches to the sway bar. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks

OJK12

^^ This, there are two flat spots on the boot side you can hold with a wrench to allow you to tighten it up if it's a factory sway bar link, if not you may need another method

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Yea, this is frustrating because when I try to torgue done the outside bolt the only one that spins is the inside bolt. If i don't hold down both bolts the sway bar joint just spins in its socket.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
^^ This, there are two flat spots on the boot side you can hold with a wrench to allow you to tighten it up if it's a factory sway bar link, if not you may need another method

I'm putting in a crown rear sway bar link for the front end. I wonder if my oufside bolt's threads are messed up?

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Issue resolved; went to Lowe's and bought some new bolts. I was able to winch it down really well after that. Thanks for the help. I'm sure I'll have more questions later today.

Top Bottom