Driveshaft

JKbrick

Does anyone know what the difference is between 07-11 and 12-16 driveshafts? I'm assuming the yokes but don't know for sure.

JoeB-JKURX

I did a bit of web crawling to see if I could find the answer to your question (as I'm sure you did). At least one site I saw had a separate listing for the 07-11 from the 12-16 for a manual tranny. I would have thought that, if anything, there might be a difference with an auto as they went from the 4 speed to the 5 speed in 2012 but I didn't see any listing a different part for JKs with the auto. Most sites (as I expect you may have seen), have no separate listing between the two time frames. I'd call a driveshaft maker when they open on Monday.

JKbrick

Stock driveshaft or aftermarket?

That would have been good info wouldn't it! Wondering about aftermarket. The member Arizona has one for sale and a friend of mine with a 2012 needs one. I think he went ahead and bought it and I will check the yokes. I did look at ring and pinion sets and they are listed as 07-16 so my best guess is the output shaft on the transfer case may have changed?

sandfrog

In 2012 the Pentastar was introduced. This changed the position of the transfer case which would change the driveshaft.

Top Bottom