IPAD OR IPAD Mini in dash?

JKLIFE

By chance is anybody running a IPAD or IPAD Mini instead of the stock radio? I'm wanting to installing an IPAD Mini in the dash. GPS, Radio, even movies for the kiddos..... I've seen a few set up for cars on YouTube, just haven't seen anything for the Wranglers!

If anybody is running this set up please post pics! Or if you know how to instal help a brother out please!

Miramontes

Last run

On the first 2013 Wayalife run one of the guys had an ipad mount. Got me thinking of doing the same. It would be cool to run a trail app while on the trail.

JKLIFE

Ya I've seen the mount for the big IPAD. The mini would fit perfect where the stock radio sits. Just need to figure out a way to have AUX port and USB port to plug into instead of rhe radio. Slide the mini into a holding mount and push it flush. Make it so you can take it out when the doors or top is off.... If that makes since? Lol!

Miramontes

Ipad

Ill try and figure out who the guy was and hit him up. It would be nice to find one that is trail tested.

TrailBear

All you need is a small amp you wire it to run all your speakers, you can by a cord at most a/v places that has rca's on one end to plug into the amp and the head phone jack on the other for the I pad. I have seen a few guys run that set up on atvs but with I pods or things like that.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I plan to make a mount for mine if I ever get the energy to do so just for the purpose of GPS while on the trail and music on the way to the trail. That's all I really use it for.

Miramontes

This is what JR used.

It's the JK Grab bar. It uses the various RAM Mount systems, which include the iPad mount.

[URL="http://www.carolinametalmasters.com/products/jk-grab-

bl17z90

That looks awesome and the only thing that I see being an issue is having to take it out every single time you go somewhere. I wouldn't trust it anywhere not even at work inside a gated fence, especially with a soft top.

But still, sweet idea.

Halas

I have both the mini and the iPad in my house, for some reason the mini wins my vote.

For some reason the size is just better, seems more comfortable.

Funny enough I am speaking this message from my iPhone while I am looking at both.

JKLIFE

I have both the mini and the iPad in my house, for some reason the mini wins my vote.

For some reason the size is just better, seems more comfortable.

Funny enough I am speaking this message from my iPhone while I am looking at both.

I'm with you on the Mini, just gotta figure out how to mount it!

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
You'd definitely need to weatherproof it.

Temps would also be an issue I'd think.

Maybe you could design a special case that mounts in place of the factory stereo.

Can you blue tooth to your phone with the iPad mini?

WAYALIFE 🍺

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
The case could be similar to the H3 case.

Maybe build some sort of heat sink on it for cooling???

WAYALIFE 🍺

t0fudelivery

Been in two jeeps with Ipads, one had the Ipad 2 and the other with the Ipad mini...IMHO, the Ipad mini works better with the interior. I found the Ipad 2 was just way too big for the center console

Top Bottom