Stupid control arm question

Lance628

So I just bought a pair of Evo lower control arms and they don't have directions so I was wondering which way they actually mount

jeeeep

Hooked
assuming front lowers, pulled this from a set of instructions off quadratec

10. Install Supplied EVO Front lower control arm on driver side with zerk fitting on both ends facing upwards. The arms should bend towards the inside of the vehicle with the clamping tubes at the axle end facing upwards. Starting length of control arms from center of hole to center of hole at the joints should be 22 7/8”. This is a recommended starting length and will change after a professional alignment has been performed. Adjusting control arm length should be made using the OnVehicle adjuster starting with the joint and adjuster threaded completely in.

Lance628

assuming front lowers, pulled this from a set of instructions off quadratec

10. Install Supplied EVO Front lower control arm on driver side with zerk fitting on both ends facing upwards. The arms should bend towards the inside of the vehicle with the clamping tubes at the axle end facing upwards. Starting length of control arms from center of hole to center of hole at the joints should be 22 7/8”. This is a recommended starting length and will change after a professional alignment has been performed. Adjusting control arm length should be made using the OnVehicle adjuster starting with the joint and adjuster threaded completely in.

It seems like the fitting would hit the mount on my prorock, it would def have to be unbolted to grease them

jeeeep

Hooked
unbolt or lift the Jeep at the frame to allow enough droop to get to the grease fittings.

buy a few extra fittings just in case. IMO ripping a zerk off is harder to replace than one that got a little smashed, seems when they get ripped off on the trail it always rips it off just below the surface

JoeB-JKURX

unbolt or lift the Jeep at the frame to allow enough droop to get to the grease fittings.

buy a few extra fittings just in case. IMO ripping a zerk off is harder to replace than one that got a little smashed, seems when they get ripped off on the trail it always rips it off just below the surface

Removal is a piece of cake with a small Easy Out screw extractor. The hole is already there, just screw it in (counterclockwise) and the broken stub backs out of the hole.

Lance628

Thanks I'll try that next time I have to grease then

Top Bottom