Front and rear locker problem

TormentedCrawler

Hi all. Back at it again with a problem on my 2009 jeep rubicon. When I was installing my front end I pinched the power wire to my front locker and shorted it and popped the fuse. Simple enough I though I can just fix the wire and replace the fuse but, now the dash indicator for the front and rear locker don't light up. I do get power to the relay. And I do get power to the magnetic. I'm just not getting any action. Anyone have any ideas. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471825259.078672.jpg

TormentedCrawler

Is the locker stuck engaged maybe?

I thought it was too but verified it wasn't on the trail. It's odd too since I do get power to the diff itself. I'm currently running a traildash 2 which allows me to engage it in 2wd or 4h as well. And still nothing

Frydaddy

I see exposed copper. Did you replace that section of cable? wires can also be pinched off with the plastic sheath looking fine.

Draconianwinter

Problem with totally electronic controlled anything. While the fuse may blow out it can still hit enough current to cause other problems. I have had cats towed into a shop I worked at a long time ago and they ended up replacing the entire computer when accidently touched a Problem wire to a ground. Hope that is not the case bit honestly you may be better off taking it in to good so and letting them look at it. It sounds like the accidental short may have killed something before the fuse blew out. Problem with fuses is woke they may protect one component by blowing out before high enough voltage hits them when you sort something it can easily wreck a compensation that has a lower voltage threshold before the fuse blows.

Top Bottom