is an On-board air compressor between Engine and Radiator SAFE??

JKU Arizona

I purchased a dual Viair air system (444C) with a 2gal air tank and found what i think is a good location (since I don't know where else to put them without losing storage space). I'm thinking of mounting the 2gal. air tank between the engine and the radiator using this synergy bracket. I modified the tank to be able to mount the air compressors on top of it (I made some brackets and welded them to the top of the tank). My concern would be that the synergy brackets might flex (while on rocky trails) and make the air system hit the engine (that would make a mess of things). is anyone else running this setup? should i mount just the tank there and find another location for the 2 compressors? if so where? I don't want to lose any storage space and underneath the seats it wouldn't work (i don't think they fit and i have a power inverter under there also). Any thoughts? Reason i went with this set up is to be able to run tools from it on occasion (impact wrench, impact Ratchet Wrench, nail gun, blower ect...).

Thanks!

Mkp08

I purchased a dual Viair air system (444C) with a 2gal air tank and found what i think is a good location (since I don't know where else to put them without losing storage space). I'm thinking of mounting the 2gal. air tank between the engine and the radiator using this synergy bracket. I modified the tank to be able to mount the air compressors on top of it (I made some brackets and welded them to the top of the tank). My concern would be that the synergy brackets might flex (while on rocky trails) and make the air system hit the engine (that would make a mess of things). is anyone else running this setup? should i mount just the tank there and find another location for the 2 compressors? if so where? I don't want to lose any storage space and underneath the seats it wouldn't work (i don't think they fit and i have a power inverter under there also). Any thoughts? Reason i went with this set up is to be able to run tools from it on occasion (impact wrench, impact Ratchet Wrench, nail gun, blower ect...).

Thanks!

I have a buddy that runs this set up he hasn't had problems and he does quite a bit of wheeling. don't know if this helps but he likes his mounted there. Good luck man:rock:

Top Bottom