winch hook and tree trunk protector issue

Tincup

Ok. So I just went out to practice with my winch and new recovery kit gear (tree trunk protector, snatch block, etc.) I got the warn heavy duty recovery kit. I have heard you want to use the winch hook directly to the tree truck protector when doing a pull if possible. So I was trying get both loops of the tree trunk protector in the hook of the winch but they both wouldn't fit on the hook all on a simple straight single line pull.

- should I use the D link to connect the winch hook to the tree strap?
- could I run one side of the tree loop through the other and hook to just one loop? (my gut tells me this one not a good idea)

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Ok. So I just went out to practice with my winch and new recovery kit gear (tree trunk protector, snatch block, etc.) I got the warn heavy duty recovery kit. I have heard you want to use the winch hook directly to the tree truck protector when doing a pull if possible. So I was trying get both loops of the tree trunk protector in the hook of the winch but they both wouldn't fit on the hook all on a simple straight single line pull.

- should I use the D link to connect the winch hook to the tree strap?
- could I run one side of the tree loop through the other and hook to just one loop? (my gut tells me this one not a good idea)

Put the straps on a d ring then hook the hook onto the d ring.

Heavyhaul07

No problem using a shackle with the tree strap. Just make sure the strap loops are against the bolt of the shackle not the hook of the winch

Top Bottom