Installing Rubicon Axles in JK sport

benatc1

Hooked
In the near future I will be installing Rubicon Axles in a JK sport, My plan is to pull the wiring harnesses out along with the Axles and I was reading though some write ups and was wondering if it would be possible to wire these directly to my Spod and bypass the fuse box and then run the lockers directly from the switches inside. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Edit: JKU giving axles is an Auto and JK receiving Axles is a 6 speed manual if that makes a difference with the ABS for any reason

Last edited:
J

JKDream

In the near future I will be installing Rubicon Axles in a JK sport, My plan is to pull the wiring harnesses out along with the Axles and I was reading though some write ups and was wondering if it would be possible to wire these directly to my Spod and bypass the fuse box and then run the lockers directly from the switches inside. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Edit: JKU giving axles is an Auto and JK receiving Axles is a 6 speed manual if that makes a difference with the ABS for any reason

Just finished my swap last week.
You can run the factory harness on top of the differential to a switch. It just takes 12V power to engage the magnet. You don't need the indicator (plug towards the pinion) you can plug this with a bolt etc. The SPOD light will let you know when the locker is engaged. Other plug is for the ECU/dash lights.

**Edit: You don't need to run a relay if using the SPOD as the harness doesn't pull more than ~15amps of power.

benatc1

Hooked
Just finished my swap last week.
You can run the factory harness on top of the differential to a switch. It just takes 12V power to engage the magnet. You don't need the indicator (plug towards the pinion) you can plug this with a bolt etc. The SPOD light will let you know when the locker is engaged. Other plug is for the ECU/dash lights.

**Edit: You don't need to run a relay if using the SPOD as the harness doesn't pull more than ~15amps of power.

Thanks for the reply. when i see it, i think it'll make more sense but seems pretty straight fwd.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Don't you already have a PR front? Why are you swapping over to Rubicon axles?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I do yes, and no i am not getting rid of it!! I just bought a 2016 Rubicon Unlimited and will be swapping over my PR44 to and rear axle to the new one and then installing the Rubicon Axles in my 2 door, and then selling the 2 door.

You bought a 2016 Rubicon Unlimited?! Whoa, congratulations!! :thumb:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I do yes, and no i am not getting rid of it!! I just bought a 2016 Rubicon Unlimited and will be swapping over my PR44 to and rear axle to the new one and then installing the Rubicon Axles in my 2 door, and then selling the 2 door.

Very cool. Congratulations!

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

Awesome, Congrats to you! :yup:

benatc1

Hooked
You bought a 2016 Rubicon Unlimited?! Whoa, congratulations!! :thumb:

Thank you! things lined right for me and ended up getting a brand new one, will be here Thursday then the fun begins swapping everything over that I can/want to!

Very cool. Congratulations!

Awesome, Congrats to you! :yup:

Thanks guys! im excited, going to be a nice set up moving forward for me and family

JAGS

Hooked
Wow. Congrats Ben (and Alex) on the new rig. Glad it all worked out and I can't imagine how you'd regret it. [emoji41][emoji106][emoji482]

benatc1

Hooked
Wow. Congrats Ben (and Alex) on the new rig. Glad it all worked out and I can't imagine how you'd regret it. [emoji41][emoji106][emoji482]

Thanks Jason, I appreciate it. Looking forward getting back out there with ya!!

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug

Great to hear. Congrats

benatc1

Hooked

BitBucket

That is awesome, congrats on the new jeep.

Top Bottom