My Jku rear ended by mini van

Journeyman

So today I was sitting at a red light when a Korean dude in a brand new minivan rear ended me. Everyone's ok! As you can see his Kia did not fair so well against my poison spyder brawler 2 bumper. But the tire carrier ended up getting twisted and the tramp stamp on the tailgate that's part of that carrier seems to be pushed in a bit. Everything still opens and closes like it's supposed too, so I'm pretty stoked that there's no damage to the tailgate or tub, so the only visible parts damaged is the tire Carrier. His insurance will be getting billed from my local Offroad shop in El Cajon (orw) ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472075652.921874.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472075665.420816.jpg
I think it's about 1k in just parts.

BPA

I want to run the Evo Fascia so bad but accidents like these make me afraid to lol. Good to hear no one is hurt. Sucks for the Kia owner though..

Journeyman

I want to run the Evo Fascia so bad but accidents like these make me afraid to lol. Good to hear no one is hurt. Sucks for the Kia owner though..

Kind of funny I was in the neighborhood for work and decided to swing by Offroad evolution to check out their rock rails in person when this all went down.

Last edited:

Yeah I'm very curious what something like this would look like when running just the frame empty or a fascia!

sassmouth

The same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago. A VW Passat didn't do any better vs. my spare. The VW didn't even reach the bumper. He slid into me in stop and go traffic at around 10-12 mph. My tailgate door needed a little adjustment though after the hit.

2016-08-12 09.53.29.jpg 2016-08-12 09.53.35.jpg

Journeyman

The same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago. A VW Passat didn't do any better vs. my spare. The VW didn't even reach the bumper. He slid into me in stop and go traffic at around 10-12 mph. My tailgate door needed a little adjustment though after the hit.

View attachment 219416 View attachment 219418

I don't think he made it to my bumper either. Was there any damage to your wheel and tire? Mine looks visually looks fine. But I was thinking I should have the tire checked for balance, since it took all that side load. Probably fine though cause it didn't pop the bead. Just want make sure while I have their insurance on the line.

sassmouth

I don't think he made it to my bumper either. Was there any damage to your wheel and tire? Mine looks visually looks fine. But I was thinking I should have the tire checked for balance, since it took all that side load. Probably fine though cause it didn't pop the bead. Just want make sure while I have their insurance on the line.

No damage to the tire or wheel for me.

Tree Frog

Glad you 2 made it out of the deal with only photos and not much else. That PS tire carrier probably just had a bent upright or something. Bet its an easy fix.

Dang that VW got creamed. Yeah that spare tire organizer does look neat for camping trips and such. :thumb:

NotMyHusbandsJeep

So today I was sitting at a red light when a Korean dude in a brand new minivan rear ended me. Everyone's ok! As you can see his Kia did not fair so well against my poison spyder brawler 2 bumper. But the tire carrier ended up getting twisted and the tramp stamp on the tailgate that's part of that carrier seems to be pushed in a bit. Everything still opens and closes like it's supposed too, so I'm pretty stoked that there's no damage to the tailgate or tub, so the only visible parts damaged is the tire Carrier. His insurance will be getting billed from my local Offroad shop in El Cajon (orw) View attachment 219385 View attachment 219386
I think it's about 1k in just parts.
So sorry, that hurts just thinking about someone rear ending a fellow jeep! Glad everyone is alright though!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

sparks

Glad everyone was ok!

I got sandwiched between a runaway speeding Silverado with no brakes and a Chrysler 200 a week ago. No substantial damage to report (yet) on the Jeep side. The other 2 vehicles were pretty messed up.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I was stopped at a stop light and had a chevy equinox rear end me going about 35 or so, she was on her phone, I am rocking just the frame rail with no spare tire and it bent it the rear frame cross member to where it was touching the tub and the left frame rail was bent in maybe 15 degrees or so. Absolutely mangled her front end.

GraniteCrystal

I was stopped at a stop light and had a chevy equinox rear end me going about 35 or so, she was on her phone, I am rocking just the frame rail with no spare tire and it bent it the rear frame cross member to where it was touching the tub and the left frame rail was bent in maybe 15 degrees or so. Absolutely mangled her front end.

Any issue with not having a rear bumper? In terms of her claiming you should or something

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=32769

Top Bottom