Building up to C/O parts list. Help please

BrandonDetrick

I am planning on running bolt on Coilovers. But don't really know what all I need in order to run them properly and to optimum performance. . So can someone please make me a list of step and parts to install in order to get to the coilovers ? Including. Steering. Suspension arm. And anything else y'all can think of. . Help is MUCH appreciated guys

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Optimal performance would include bolt on coil overs front and rear, front track bar relocation bracket/draglink flip, rear track bar relocation bracket and new control arms all the way around. If you can afford it, long arms would be the better way to go. You will want new drive shafts too.

JAGS

Hooked
There are a ton of threads on coilovers if you search them out. Most of your questions will be answered there. WOL gave you some great stuff and a good start. But you'll also want to keep in mind your wheels and other aspects of your build such as axles, etc. you can search the forum as coilovers are a popular topic. I know as I've lurked many of those threads.

BrandonDetrick

Optimal performance would include bolt on coil overs front and rear, front track bar relocation bracket/draglink flip, rear track bar relocation bracket and new control arms all the way around. If you can afford it, long arms would be the better way to go. You will want new drive shafts too.

As far as trackbars and brackets what brand would you recommend ?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You don't have an adjustable front track bar?

Nope. Not needed with a track bar relocation bracket/drag link flip. Is my axle centered 100%? Probably not but, it isn't necessary to be and really, it will be off a bit to one side or the other any time your axle moves up and down. :cool:

BrandonDetrick

Nope. Not needed with a track bar relocation bracket/drag link flip. Is my axle centered 100%? Probably not but, it isn't necessary to be and really, it will be off a bit to one side or the other any time your axle moves up and down. :cool:

Sweet good news for me lol. Less money to get prepared. Thanks. And what kind of rear track bar do your dozer jk have

BrandonDetrick

Factory same as front. Using an EVO relocation bracket back there too. :yup:

Okay so how's this sound
1. Draglink flip kit with bracket
2. Rear relocation bracket
3. Currie Front LCA's
4. Currie Rear upper control arms
5. Coilovers

Sound like a good plan or what would you change? Sorry to bug

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay so how's this sound
1. Draglink flip kit with bracket
2. Rear relocation bracket
3. Currie Front LCA's
4. Currie Rear upper control arms
5. Coilovers

Sound like a good plan or what would you change? Sorry to bug

That would be a great setup and one that I believe ChrisB is running now :yup:

EDIT: If you have a 2012 or newer, you will need a new front drive shaft. If you have a 2007-11 with an auto, you will need a new front drive shaft. If you have a 2-door, you will need a new rear drive shaft.

BrandonDetrick

6. Backspacing of 3.5

Already got step six covered. Thanks for mentioning it tho. . I have a 2010 2door manual. So I will Need a rear driveshaft ? Or both !? And is that somethin ill be absolutely inoperable without doing initially or can I put it off for a lil while. Or should I do the shafts before I do coilovers

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Already got step six covered. Thanks for mentioning it tho. . I have a 2010 2door manual. So I will Need a rear driveshaft ? Or both !? And is that somethin ill be absolutely inoperable without doing initially or can I put it off for a lil while. Or should I do the shafts before I do coilovers

Yes, you will need to get a new rear drive shaft but, you won't need it immediately. Even with adjustable uppers, you will not be able to correct the angle of your rear drive shaft enough to prevent the CV boot from failing at the output shaft. With the amount of flex you will get with coil overs, you will need to replace your front shaft eventually too for the same reason - but again, not immediately.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

You will need both I believe. The rear is most important on a 2 door with 3" or more of lift because of the angles.

^ Beat me again with a better response. lol

Top Bottom