Long arm conversion/upgrade

Zadi

Another quick question! If I decided I wanted to go with a long arm kit, is it possible to upgrade my current short arm set up or do I need a whole new kit? If it is possible to upgrade, do I need to stay with the same manufacturer (RE) or can I install components from another company? I am new to all this and when I went to my local shop they sold me on a RE super flex kit:doh:
Guess I should have done more homework! image.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another quick question! If I decided I wanted to go with a long arm kit, is it possible to upgrade my current short arm set up or do I need a whole new kit? If it is possible to upgrade, do I need to stay with the same manufacturer (RE) or can I install components from another company? I am new to all this and when I went to my local shop they sold me on a RE super flex kit:doh:
Guess I should have done more homework!

If you want to run long arms, you will need to completely replace your control arms and remove your existing factory frame mounts so that you can bolt on or weld on new mounts. You can keep your track bars, coils, shocks, swaybar links, bump stops etc. You can use whatever company you want but, I might just get a complete kit.

Prime8

I just had the EVO Double D installed on my 2013 JKUR, and as far as handling and on-road manners, it is head and shoulders above the "mid" arm RK kit I had on my 2010. It's technically bolt on, but I had mine welded on as well. Haven't wheeled it yet (wife is pregnant and offroading is 3+ hours away...) But I will give a full report when I finally do! You can check out my thread, Slimer Build Thread, and feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Zadi

Thanks very much prime8.
I will definitely be picking your brain in the future!
EVO manufacturing seems to make some quality products. I was wondering what system I should use in the future. There are lots out there, Teraflex, Full Traction etc..
Does EVO make everything that's needed for a full suspension system? If so do they have kits or do you buy the individual components? Also, can installation of those parts be done by a local shop or does it need to be done by someone that's familiar with the EVO line??
Thanks again
A. Etezadi

Top Bottom