Help me!! Bad squeak

rogerk93

So shortly after I installed my lift I have been getting a really bad squeak from the back of my jeep. I fist thought it was the upper control arm grease it 20 times made sure it was perfect. But now I think it is coming from my sway bar bushing. I pulled and pushed my sway bar itself to replicate the noise. I added a YouTube link to the video because I don't know or if I can add a video directly to the forum. https://youtu.be/exWoqNaSSTw

GraniteCrystal

Wow that's an annoying sound. And you can't identify the precise location by ear? Everything torqued down to spec? Not too tight or too loose

jeeeep

Hooked
I usually use WD40 to troubleshoot noises. loosen up the busing clamps and spray the bushings with WD40, tighten up and see if the squeak is still there.

almost sounds like a track bar, before you tightened everything up, did you loosen your track bars along with the control arms and give the Jeep a good shake?

rogerk93

Wow that's an annoying sound. And you can't identify the precise location by ear? Everything torqued down to spec? Not too tight or too loose
I made sure everything was tightened down and all was good. One of my jam nuts was loose but that was actually away from the sound . I narrowed it down to the area of the sway bar bushing. But it almost sounds like it is coming from the top near the body of that area.

I usually use WD40 to troubleshoot noises. loosen up the busing clamps and spray the bushings with WD40, tighten up and see if the squeak is still there.

almost sounds like a track bar, before you tightened everything up, did you loosen your track bars along with the control arms and give the Jeep a good shake?
It can potentially be the tracbar but it sounds like it is a little higher when I get close to it. I'm going to spray wd40 and see what happens didn't think of that.

scull20

Hit the sway bar bushing with WD-40...then stand in the door opening and rock the jeep from side to side to work the sway bar around. The squeak should subside.

rogerk93

Holy shit thank you guys so much. I sprayed it like crazy with wd40 also sprayed the bolts to the bushing inside the frame then rocked my jeep and it's gone!!!

WJCO

Meme King
Sounds like sway bar to me too. Could be coil isolater too. Also, if you do find it and the WD40 doesn't last, white lithium grease will last a ton longer. I agree with the others to spray things one or two at a time and recheck.

rogerk93

Sounds like sway bar to me too. Could be coil isolater too. Also, if you do find it and the WD40 doesn't last, white lithium grease will last a ton longer. I agree with the others to spray things one or two at a time and recheck.

Yea I have to get a bottle of lithium grease and it it every so often.

jeeeep

Hooked
good it was a relatively easy find.
WD40 is my goto to isolate noise, then as mentioned, lithium grease lasts longer.
loosen the clamps to make sure it's not bound up, shake the jeep then tighten.

Draconianwinter

I need to spray me jeep in areas to stop a squeak as well. Started after putting on the rocker gaurds. Need to find me a John deer dealer though. I always use liquid film as it doesn't promote rust to ever form

Jackal01

y'all are novices. You have to pour motor oil down the frame first then get a cup and toss motor oil on all the suspension components.

rogerk93

y'all are novices. You have to pour motor oil down the frame first then get a cup and toss motor oil on all the suspension components.

I poured some on my seats so when I get caught it the rain it doesn't rusk the insides. You know?

Top Bottom