Suspension Upgrade

Railhead

Looking for an upgrade over my stock 2011 sahara suspension. I want to stay between 2-3" lift, 33" Tires.
My budget is around 1k. Im really interested in OME. I've also heard teraflex makes a good product.
I drive everyday on road and probably 2-3 days a week tearing up the mojave desert.
What would you do if you were in my shoes? :question: Thanks!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looking for an upgrade over my stock 2011 sahara suspension. I want to stay between 2-3" lift, 33" Tires.
My budget is around 1k. Im really interested in OME. I've also heard teraflex makes a good product.
I drive everyday on road and probably 2-3 days a week tearing up the mojave desert.
What would you do if you were in my shoes? :question: Thanks!!

You can pretty much run 33's at a stock height. If you want a bit more clearance, I would recommend that you just install a 2.5" coil spacer budget boost. You can do this for less than your allotted budget. TeraFlex makes a decent kit for this and you can even get it with shock extensions to save on money. I would start there and work your way up as you feel necessary.

TrailRidden

i have a 3 inch lift and 35" tires. they do rub a little if i flex completely out but other than that i get great clearance.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
i have a 3 inch lift and 35" tires. they do rub a little if i flex completely out but other than that i get great clearance.

Exactly where do they rub? Rear pinch seam? If so, it needs to be trimmed. Did your kit come with bump stop extensions? If so, did you make sure to install them? Did your kit come with adjustable control arms? If so, did you set them to the proper length? I see that you are still running factory wheels in your avatar, did you make sure to run 1.5" wheel spacers and, did you install an adjustable front track bar and recenter your axle?

Railhead

You can pretty much run 33's at a stock height. If you want a bit more clearance, I would recommend that you just install a 2.5" coil spacer budget boost. You can do this for less than your allotted budget. TeraFlex makes a decent kit for this and you can even get it with shock extensions to save on money. I would start there and work your way up as you feel necessary.

I should have stated this above, Im also planning on adding front bumper w/ winch. So I'm mostly worried about sagging...

I thought for sure with a 3" you can run 35's. Overall how is BDS?

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I should have stated this above, Im also planning on adding front bumper w/ winch. So I'm mostly worried about sagging...

Trust me, even with the heaviest of bumpers and winch, you will only see about .5-.75" of sag at most. If this is your concern, a leveling kit will get the job done. If you want a bit more, a BB kit like what FT and I believe RE makes will have the front spacers sitting at 2" and the rears 1.5". Or, you can always stack an additional .5" or even 1" spacer on top of whatever you have up front.

I thought for sure with a 3" you can run 35's. Overall how is BDS?

You can practically run 35's at stock height and trimmed fenders. 35's may rub just a bit a 3" of lift but, the reasons for it will vary and adjustments can be easily made to prevent it.

I believe Eddie runs 37's on rubicat with his coilovers set at 3.5" of height

This is true :yup:

NewJeep4412

I have a 3 inch lift on 31.5's and I'm looking to put wheel spacers on, around 1.5"
Any brand recommendations??

I've read tons here on the topic and WOL write up...thanks very helpfull!

With RR wheels and 285 70 17 GY DT pickes out.... Im on the fence for a small level or BB. I dont wheel hard jeep sees lots of highway miles and 33 are as tall as i will go.

I do want ro fix the rake so my local shop has suggestes AEV 2" lift. This is max i want to go. Lots of support for TF here for my needs is the AEV too much?

Just looking for a level jeep, not stock hight, and do not want to open the can of worms for DS, control arms, track bars ext

Thanks

Atch

I've read tons here on the topic and WOL write up...thanks very helpfull!

With RR wheels and 285 70 17 GY DT pickes out.... Im on the fence for a small level or BB. I dont wheel hard jeep sees lots of highway miles and 33 are as tall as i will go.

I do want ro fix the rake so my local shop has suggestes AEV 2" lift. This is max i want to go. Lots of support for TF here for my needs is the AEV too much?

Just looking for a level jeep, not stock hight, and do not want to open the can of worms for DS, control arms, track bars ext

Thanks

For all you're wanting to do I'd suggest just getting a budget boost & call it a day.

Best budget boost I've seen is the rough country. 2.5in series 2. Ive installed a few of them and they all go together very well.
180 for 2.5 front 2 in rear is a good starting point. I won't run rough country coils but for a steel spacer there hard to beat.

Tackerdown

Banned
Best budget boost I've seen is the rough country. 2.5in series 2. Ive installed a few of them and they all go together very well.
180 for 2.5 front 2 in rear is a good starting point. I won't run rough country coils but for a steel spacer there hard to beat.

This is the kit I put on and for what it is I think its great. ( very easy install ) I'm just debating whether or not to get bump stops though seeing it doesn't come with them like the Taraflex does. The shitty reality is that I don't get to do a lot of off road so buy the time I put a full lift on ( 3-3.5") will I have to get longer stops anyway and just be wasting my money. I'm sure if I did a lot more serious crawling it would be a smart idea to get the bumps. But for once every few months I don't think so. I guess I should state that I'm running stock 32's also which I'm under the understanding that this is a contributing factor for the bump stops.

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm running it with the factory bump stops trimmed fenders 35s and I don't rub or get any coil bind. It was a easy solution till I can get the director of sex and finance to let me get a better one

Tackerdown

Banned
I'm running it with the factory bump stops trimmed fenders 35s and I don't rub or get any coil bind. It was a easy solution till I can get the director of sex and finance to let me get a better one

That's funny , hope you don't mind if I steel your saying.

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom