Help with OME 2inch lift

hobbse66

Hey guys are the bump stop brackets and track bar relocation bracket that came with the Old Man Emu kit for the front or the back? I'm 90% they are for the front but just want to double check. Also we twisted off the bolts holding on the rear sway bar. Do I need the rear sway bar? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472332802.344949.jpg

Jeeper125

As for the bump stop extensions I'm not really sure, but for the track bar bracket I'm almost positive it's for the rear MPN# OMEJK4DHKS if that is the kit u have the bracket is for the rear according to extreme terrain ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472394740.207041.jpg

As long as the front sway bar is connected u should be ok, the rear has very little effect

The bumpstop is for the rear. If you do not have bigger tires than 275/70/18 you should not have to use the bumpstops. The shock and coils are within spec for stock "bumpstops" At least the nitrocharger shocks. The sport I´m not 100 percent sure of but you just have to compare the new shoch with the stock and see if the new sport shocks are the same lenght colapsed as the stock.

If you do use the trackbar relocation bracket you MUST use the bumpstop, otherwise the relocation bracket will hit the shocks.

If you have choosed the correct coil rating for you specific weight of you jeep ( depends on your aftermarket mods such as rear bumper in metal for example ) you will only gain about 2 inch and then the track bar relocation bracket is of no use at all.

The rear swaybar should be used, especiaslly on road but also off road. There is no reason at all to take off the rear swaybar. You will not gain any more flex becuase you take of the rear swaybar but you will lose stability,

Top Bottom