What's wrong in these pictures?

R3D4UM

My beautiful wife took the truck out on some trails through the woods...long story short she hit a tree stump and bent a couple things and dented another. Now I'm now a mechanic and based on the pictures below it doesn't look that bad. Feel free to give it to me straight if I'm wrong.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472418417.409452.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472418439.742877.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472418467.529811.jpg

FYI there was some leaking from the last one. These seem like things I could replace without needing to get a shop involved, but like I said I'm willing (to do the work) but not able based on experience.

WJCO

Meme King
I would take the trans pan off and pound it back to straight. Other than that it just looks cosmetic. Where was the leak from?

R3D4UM

I would take the trans pan off and pound it back to straight. Other than that it just looks cosmetic. Where was the leak from?

After getting it home and looking it over looks like the "leak" came from above.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472424738.878717.jpg
Which looks to me to be a drain. As far as a crossmember and skid plate are there recommendations? I've looked at poison spyder and EVO. Roughly the same price so any experience with these?

WJCO

Meme King
Leave the skids. Truthfully the trans pan dent probably isn't causing any issues at all, filter is in the middle and fluid covers it anyways.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
My beautiful wife took the truck out on some trails through the woods...long story short she hit a tree stump and bent a couple things and dented another. Now I'm now a mechanic and based on the pictures below it doesn't look that bad. Feel free to give it to me straight if I'm wrong.
View attachment 220118
View attachment 220120
View attachment 220121

FYI there was some leaking from the last one. These seem like things I could replace without needing to get a shop involved, but like I said I'm willing (to do the work) but not able based on experience.

Looks like she RAMMED a tree stump... she didn't just bump it while crawling... jeep are tough though... I think the major concern here is having wifey understand that while the jeep is tough and trail rated, it's not bomb proof from the factory... just my $0.02. Good luck. :yep:

R3D4UM

Looks like she RAMMED a tree stump... she didn't just bump it while crawling... jeep are tough though... I think the major concern here is having wifey understand that while the jeep is tough and trail rated, it's not bomb proof from the factory... just my $0.02. Good luck. :yep:

I agree. She said the part of the trail they were on was getting overgrown so I don't think she even saw it.

JAGS

Hooked
Looks like the "skid," exhaust bar, might be in contact with the exhaust crossover. Not a big deal, but could have a vibration noise.

Maybe just take that off and pound it back to original and then reinstall.

If your wife plans to hit more trees, maybe think about a tranny skid. Lol. But as Overlander said, just some scratches.

Heavyhaul07

I'd replace the bent cross member snug trans pan bolts and put skid under it and drive it. Not that major or a problem. Stuff happens. Glad everyone is ok

Top Bottom