Tire carrier

AnthonyG24

What's going on guys, hey what tire carriers do you recommend for my JK. I don't want rattle or noise. A tight fit that is sturdy and has options for mounting a hi lift and rotopax's so far I'm leaning towards the poison spyder and evo.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Lots of locals here have the crawler concepts. I have an LOD bumper mounted carrier and I LOVE it!

Attachments

• 1472433818766.jpg
    1472433818766.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 368

Mtb275

How do you like it so far?

Really liking it. I had the LOD on my 08 and I really liked it as well. Although, it wasn't a big deal when I had it, but to open the rear gate you first have to swing your tire out of the way. And then you can open you rear gate.

I had the CC bumper on my 08 and it was quality stuff. So I went with the same front bumper.

I then saw the you video of the CC carrier taking a hit with 37's on it and I was sold.

It works flawlessly opening and closing the gate. Very easy to operate.

OhNoTheJiggies

I'm saving pennies for an LOD bumper/carrier(finally made up my mind). Going with the signature series that mounts to the tailgate so that it opens at the same time as the rear door.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I want to make my own based on a company out of Colorado that went out of business, with some changes and not for sale. I would buy it if I could. It had a drop down feature similar to a HMWVV, but easier, and bumper mounted gate linked.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
I want to make my own based on a company out of Colorado that went out of business, with some changes and not for sale. I would buy it if I could. It had a drop down feature similar to a HMWVV, but easier, and bumper mounted gate linked.

That's the way to do it I'm making mine also!

RMC2

Caught the Bug
That's the way to do it I'm making mine also!

Post it up when you get it built.

I need my jeep in Oklahoma to build mine. That is where my bigger tools and bigger welder is at. The wife said we are only flying home from now on. Probably a good idea - she got a brand new car the last time. She loved the new ride, but it is a painful drive back and forth.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Post it up when you get it built.

I need my jeep in Oklahoma to build mine. That is where my bigger tools and bigger welder is at. The wife said we are only flying home from now on. Probably a good idea - she got a brand new car the last time. She loved the new ride, but it is a painful drive back and forth.

Yeah it's kinda at a stand still right now but I'll get it done here sometime aha. I'll post up some pics I also have my own thread for it THE BUILD OF CLIFFORDS TIRE CARRIER.

AnthonyG24

Did anyone remember that company that had the HD switchblade bumper and tire carrier? That's what I'm looking for something like that. It's for my wife she can't be picking up a 140+ lb tire. She will throw her back out if she's alone.

OhNoTheJiggies

Did anyone remember that company that had the HD switchblade bumper and tire carrier? That's what I'm looking for something like that. It's for my wife she can't be picking up a 140+ lb tire. She will throw her back out if she's alone.

It's made by hd customs... I think I have a link saved for it...

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I'll be getting the AEV one soon. It's just a little more cost than a body mounted one, but I like the idea of a frame mounted carrier better. I like that it opens with the tailgate, and I've not been able to find any reviews saying that it rattles.

TonyViv

So far I'm pretty happy with the MoRyde system... I put the hinges on last week and they are beefy and solid. But as I expected but hoped wouldn't happen, the vibes went from the tailgate to the tire carrier, It was actually worse, I could imagine those poor spot welds crying in pain. The tailgate didn't move a bit but the carrier rattled like crazy. I went ahead and ordered the reinforcement kit and installed it today. I really like it so far, went for a quick ride around the block and it was solid as hell no noise no rattles. I don't even have the isolators on as I ripped off one of the tits trying to reinstall them.
I already had an oversize tire carrier from the lift and it or a stock tire carrier will work with the system, so I didn't have to buy that part.
All in all I'm in 300$ for it so far, with another 80 for the hi lift carrier I don't think under 400$ is bad for the system. Its not the prettiest system but it works in a utilitarian way and honestly you cant really see much other than the hinges once the spare is on.
Time will tell and I will update how its working out..

Tony

tirecarrier2.jpeg

Top Bottom