Rear brakes already!

1BAMF'nJKU

I have hit 30,000 miles and my rear brakes are squeaking and squealing like crazy! I also noticed that the driver side rear rotor shroud looks wet and has an oily substance on it....brake lines look flawless and not a smell that I am familiar with....any ideas? While I'm at it and need to replace could I get some suggestions for brands of pads that you prefer and get good performance and wear out of. As well as rotors? Thanks in advance!

deadguy

Same happened to mine. I believe the traction/stability control has something to do with the fast brake wear

Trail JK

If you have the funds for an upgrade go with the Dynatrac Progrips. The Progrips have been one of our best upgrades. You'll feel the difference. They are a great product and worth every penny.

Ddays

Hooked
X2 on that ^. If you're running 35's or over these are worth the money. Gets your brake performance back to stock.

edit - this in response to Trail JK's Progrip suggestion

Crystaliner

Doesn't know shit about wheeling
If you have the funds for an upgrade go with the Dynatrac Progrips. The Progrips have been one of our best upgrades. You'll feel the difference. They are a great product and worth every penny.

My wife's jeep just hit 24000 miles. Dealer said the back brakes needed replacing. So that money went straight to the Dynatrack progrips. Trail Jk is correct about the noticeable difference. Should have done this from the beginning.

rogerk93

Brakes on jk suck. And the rears go quick. 30,000 on them is good, IMO.

I agree I have 37's and I already changed my brakes rotors once and pads twice I have 31k miles on my jeep I wanted to upgrade to the dynatrac but the inside of my rims are thicker and wouldn't clear.

nknacd

yeah that seems about right for the rears. i was told it was due to the the ESP system something about that ESP keeps slight pressure on the rears at all times or something like that.

RUBICONGER

On my 2 door, just replaced them finally at 70k miles. Running 33's currently. I thought I should have gotten more, but after reading this thread i realize i'm lucky as hell to have gotten that out of them!

jeeeep

Hooked
The rear brakes on my 2010 jku wore out less than 20,000 miles.
also check your caliper pistons to see if the leak is coming from there
Since I disabled stability control doing the steering wheel dance I'm getting better wear out of the rear brakes

1BAMF'nJKU

Thanks to everyone! I wil try to get pics asap. As for the Pro grip breaks and rotors.....what is your place for purchase...best price, etc. thx

Andy5160

Hooked
I am at 34k miles and the rear pads are few hundred miles away from being discharged. Would definitely upgrade one day to Progrip.

1BAMF'nJKU

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472505573.120178.jpg here is the best photo I could get....doesn't really allow you to see the "fluid" that it appears to be saturated in....maybe someone can make it out and be of help...until I can tear it apart that is

matt87951

MY 2013 JKUR is going to need rear brakes by 20-25k miles. They were less than 50% at 17k miles. I have a basically stock 10th anniversary. I thought that crazy soon, but then I did some research and it appears to be pretty normal.

Top Bottom