Best Spray on Sound Deadener

Sooner_Jeeper

I ripped out my carpet to bedline the inside, which made road noise pretty loud, what sound deadeners did you use? Should I spray the interior of my hard-top as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kilroy

Hot heads is what I did for the interior sound difference was huge. 35 nitto trails and I can talk on my phone at 80.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
I ripped out my carpet to bedline the inside, which made road noise pretty loud, what sound deadeners did you use? Should I spray the interior of my hard-top as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But isn't the noise part of the fun of owning a Jeep?

Maybe just get an aftermarket exhaust instead? Or louder stereo?

132JKPNW

I ordered the lizard skin sound deadener kit and sprayed it in over a 3 day weekend. Then covered it in a rustoleam bed liner. Has held up great since December and helped a lot with noise and overall felt more solid. Would recommend it to anyone and cost me about 300 if I remember correctly. Prep was easy after I removed the factory sound deadener goop (using a oscillating multi tool with scraper attachment), scotch pad and some metal cleaner, just time consuming. So buy plenty of beer.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472493151.195247.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472493183.514940.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472493209.304337.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472493231.451323.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472493253.092675.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472493289.580631.jpg

Last edited:

zimm

Caught the Bug
I would NOT use herculiner. I did the interior of my prior CJ-7, twice. It looked great at first, but never set up as hard as a real spray on liner like line-x. Dirt would rub into it and look nasty. I spent another $100 and re-did it months later and it ended up the same. If it was my money, I'd get a professional spray in done.

Gravedigger11

I ordered the lizard skin sound deadener kit and sprayed it in over a 3 day weekend. Then covered it in a rustoleam bed liner. Has held up great since December and helped a lot with noise and overall felt more solid. Would recommend it to anyone and cost me about 300 if I remember correctly. Prep was easy after I removed the factory sound deadener goop (using a oscillating multi tool with scraper attachment), scotch pad and some metal cleaner, just time consuming. So buy plenty of beer.

View attachment 220325 View attachment 220326 View attachment 220327 View attachment 220328 View attachment 220329 View attachment 220330

How is the thickness on it? I used raptoliner. Super simple setup but the thickness seems subpar. My neighbor did his in monsta liner and feels really thick

WJCO

Meme King
I would NOT use herculiner. I did the interior of my prior CJ-7, twice. It looked great at first, but never set up as hard as a real spray on liner like line-x. Dirt would rub into it and look nasty. I spent another $100 and re-did it months later and it ended up the same. If it was my money, I'd get a professional spray in done.

We've had our Herculiner in for 3 years now, no complaints. It definitely has a coarser look than a professional spray on, but other than that, no issues.

132JKPNW

How is the thickness on it? I used raptoliner. Super simple setup but the thickness seems subpar. My neighbor did his in monsta liner and feels really thick

It isn't super thick (40mils) and not made to be a Bedliner by itself. Strictly made to be a sound deadener until you put a bed liner over it. I have dragged my rear seat across it and it held up fine. Because I used rattle can Bedliner over it (very thin) it's easy to touch up whenever I want. I'll try to get a picture of it in its current state. http://m.lizardskin.com/sound-control-insulation.html

jmatta33

The lizard skin with liner on top looks awesome. I may go this route with my next tub. My first one I did the roll on liner and it looked like crap. Long story but essentially my current tub is rusted out so I am planning to get a new one and I want to do the floors right this time lol.

132JKPNW

If your getting a new tub you can also put down lizard skins ceramic heat liner, followed by the sound control, followed by a Bedliner. I would have done that but i was more concerned about cost and sound rather than heat control. Even with my gas foot resting on metal with sandals isn't bad enough to make me regret it. Although I might end up getting bedtred in the future for comfort and the dogs. They don't like the texture.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jmatta33

If your getting a new tub you can also put down lizard skins ceramic heat liner, followed by the sound control, followed by a Bedliner. I would have done that but i was more concerned about cost and sound rather than heat control. Even with my gas foot resting on metal with sandals isn't bad enough to make me regret it. Although I might end up getting bedtred in the future for comfort and the dogs. They don't like the texture.

I will definitely look into the lizard skin. I know with just the liner the heat was a little much but with the ceramic and sound deadener and liner I am sure it will be more than enough. probably going to undercoat the bottom as well since I will have the whole tub off the Jeep anyway. Then there will be no sound or heat getting through at all LOL!

Top Bottom