5.13 gears

Getting new gears in the Orange County SoCal area and 4 wheel parts quoted me for $1000 in labor. I already have the parts. Is there a cheaper way of going about this or is this the way to go?

Crso8541

I would shop around and see what kind of prices other places have. Typical labor cost around my area run $600-1000. Keep in mind it's one of the more difficult things to do if you have never messed with gears. On the same note I would be cautious of a shop that hasn't done a lot and charges either way low or too high. I know that's not very helpful but it's definitely something you want done right the first time.

Gravedigger11

I would shop around and see what kind of prices other places have. Typical labor cost around my area run $600-1000. Keep in mind it's one of the more difficult things to do if you have never messed with gears. On the same note I would be cautious of a shop that hasn't done a lot and charges either way low or too high. I know that's not very helpful but it's definitely something you want done right the first time.

Labor costs are the same where I am from. Gears with lockers push closer to 1k for labor depending on the type

AU Bronc N JK

If ORE will do it for $1,000 including parts that's the way to go. Even local shop (Clemson 4Wheel) charges around $800 labor only for front/rear gear installation.

On a different note, if you have the tools and capability, and someone experienced to show u how, doing them yourself is doable. I installed my gears on my 74 bronco and my 15 rubicon. Bronco has been wheeled for 2 years with no issues, and jeep has about 5,000 miles plus 3 wheelin trips since I installed them with no issues.

I called ORE and I'm going to get it done through them. Either way their labor is cheaper than anyone else's and its Evo so from my experience you can't go wrong with them. Thanks guys

AU Bronc N JK

I called ORE and I'm going to get it done through them. Either way their labor is cheaper than anyone else's and its Evo so from my experience you can't go wrong with them. Thanks guys

Great choice! If You have access to a shop like ORE, and can handle waiting to get an appointment, then that's definitely your best bet. I generally do all my work myself as I don't trust any shops. However, I would prob let the ORE guys do just about anything on my JK as I've see their quality of work first hand! Let us know how it turns out, but I'm sure you'll be very pleased!

Top Bottom