Experience with DV8 hard top

DP1120

I just picked up a 09 JKU and it has a very worn stock soft top on it. I was wondering if anyone had any experience good or bad with the DV8 hard top for them? Any feed back would be appreciated.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
If you are looking for a hard top, and for the price of the DV8 which I have never heard of, I would try and just find a used top. Not that the DV8 is a bad option, but if I was going to spend that much I would want OEM and there are usually good deals to be found since a lot of people dont like hardtops and ditch them.

Another option you could look into, if you are looking to get a glass rear window which is much easier to deal with, would be the Trektop Pro :thumb:

Honestly, I thought the fastback style hard tops would be pretty cool until I saw them up close. The Wild Boar and DV8 are both butt ugly in person if you come within 5 feet of them. Save your money and get a Trektop, a factory hard top, and still have some beer money leftover. The back glass hatches are really bad...

Here's one I stopped to look at near my place...
20160414_121915.jpg
20160414_121845.jpg

DP1120

Thanks for the input guys. Im personally fine with a soft top but the wife will be driving it some and she wants the hard top. I looked at a few pull off factory tops and for what i have seen them going for it is almost the same price as a new one. I will probably end up going with the factory one just wanted some real world input from them before making a decision.

DP1120

Used around here 1200-1500, all the new ones I see listed are 2200 and up.

Yea i have seen a few here and there for that range. I also looked in salvage yards which most of them are asking $2000-2500 which is the cost of the new ones which makes no sense. Most of the ones on here tend to go pretty quickly from what i have seen so far. It would also be a pain to try and ship one as i havent seen very many at all in texas. Again i appreciate yalls input.

madstiles

I'd sell you my factory freedom 3 piece hard top for 1400 depending on your location I'm in Panama city fl

Last edited:

Bustedback

I got a one piece hard top for my JKU from Jeep King USA. I paid 1700 bucks for it with shipping.

Last edited:
Top Bottom