Hooking up Beep Beep Beep to backup camera

Johnrag3

Is there anyway to add the "beep beep beep" radar reverse system to an already equipped rear backup camera? I had the reverse radar thing in my previous jeep which was a commander and loved it. I rarely use my backup camera on my jk. I have a sport (technically Oscar Mike edition). Do any jk models come with the rear reverse radar system? If not, can it be added? FWIW I have a LoD rear bumper

LarryG

Is there anyway to add the "beep beep beep" radar reverse system to an already equipped rear backup camera? I had the reverse radar thing in my previous jeep which was a commander and loved it. I rarely use my backup camera on my jk. I have a sport (technically Oscar Mike edition). Do any jk models come with the rear reverse radar system? If not, can it be added? FWIW I have a LoD rear bumper

I've been hijacked.

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug

is this serious?

WJCO

Meme King
Moved thread. Too random and didn't apply to other thread.

Last edited:

rinkishjk

For me, a backup camera or alarm on a jk is ridiculous. If u can't back up without a camera, or a beep to let everyone know there is a hazard approaching, maybe u need some driving lessons.

rogerk93

Haha are you talking about proximity sensors? If so I've never seen it on a jeep. But if you are talking about something that goes beep beep beep I have no clue

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Sounds like OP was referring to the proximity sensors when backing up. Not a back up alarm.

Personally, I think they would really be a waste. The back up camera though would be beneficial I think if you get bigger tires.

GraniteCrystal

Lots of guys have backup cameras. I'm planning on adding one once I figure out my rear bumper and tire carrier situation. As far as the proximity sensor, looks like you could do something like this fairly easily.
Zone Tech Car Reverse Backup Radar System - Premium Quality 4 Parking Sensors Car Reverse Backup Radar System with LED Display https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0087QI3GM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_J6BXxbZ34SV6V

If you wanted it wired in through the stock sound system or 430/730 that could be quite a bit more difficult.

Johnrag3

Lots of guys have backup cameras. I'm planning on adding one once I figure out my rear bumper and tire carrier situation. As far as the proximity sensor, looks like you could do something like this fairly easily.
Zone Tech Car Reverse Backup Radar System - Premium Quality 4 Parking Sensors Car Reverse Backup Radar System with LED Display https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0087QI3GM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_J6BXxbZ34SV6V

If you wanted it wired in through the stock sound system or 430/730 that could be quite a bit more difficult.

Thanks. That's what I was looking for.
It's probably more trouble than it's worth.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

There's a kit in Quadratec's catalog.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/96090_1000.htm

Desertman

I forgot my jeep had no sensors and one day late for work destroyed a parked Fiat by reversing in to it. No damage to my jeep but the fiat was long gone.

Top Bottom