Not happy with Daystar

Alandude58

I've been trying to get the winch mount for my 2016 Trailhawk from Daystar. I first contacted them and they directed me towards their dealer network. At the same time, I asked for mounting instructions for the unit and the only directions they have are for the non-Trailhawk version. The sales person on the phone said he was sure in the box would be the correct information abut couldn't check for me. Then when I contacted their dealers in the area, they said the number was no good and when they finally checked with Daystar, there are none to be had! The last dealer I contacted called and said they have two. Two where? Daystar, that's where. I asked how long, they said they will contact Daystar, and Daystar doesn't seem to know when they will ship. I gave the one dealer a deposit and told him I need to know by the weekend when it will ship. I really want this unit, I have the money, but it seems Daystar doesn't need my money. I have also contacted Rocky Road Outfitters, just in case, and the can get it out as soon as I order it. Guess they want my money. What do you think I should do???

TonyT

Caught the Bug
Man, Daystar is a local company to me. Ive been there on tours a couple times and talked with them at several events. They know their market, and they know their business. Theres likely a reason you're unable to get it. If it were me and I really wanted this winch mount, I'd just wait till its available. Otherwise, just move on and go with another brand.

thardy

Banned
Daystar is an advertiser on the forum. May be try shooting them a PM and see if they can help get to the bottom of your situation.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I can see them having a short term back order. There aren't that many companies making good products for the Renegade, and their products are very popular. Also, when a dealer checks inventory, someone probably is looking at a computer screen, instead of walking into a warehouse and counting product. That number could be wrong. It happens all the time.

Alan, thanks for bringing up the concerns you have had trying to locate products for your Renegade. We strive to make sure all customers and dealers have the most up to date info. The part number you are looking for is a KJ50004BK, this is the Trailhawk winch bumper. We have them available and we will be more then happy to help you. Please email me at cwagner@daystarweb.com or call me directly at 623-980-0932

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Alan, thanks for bringing up the concerns you have had trying to locate products for your Renegade. We strive to make sure all customers and dealers have the most up to date info. The part number you are looking for is a KJ50004BK, this is the Trailhawk winch bumper. We have them available and we will be more then happy to help you. Please email me at cwagner@daystarweb.com or call me directly at 623-980-0932

Bravo, Daystar.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I've been trying to get the winch mount for my 2016 Trailhawk from Daystar. I first contacted them and they directed me towards their dealer network. At the same time, I asked for mounting instructions for the unit and the only directions they have are for the non-Trailhawk version. The sales person on the phone said he was sure in the box would be the correct information abut couldn't check for me. Then when I contacted their dealers in the area, they said the number was no good and when they finally checked with Daystar, there are none to be had! The last dealer I contacted called and said they have two. Two where? Daystar, that's where. I asked how long, they said they will contact Daystar, and Daystar doesn't seem to know when they will ship. I gave the one dealer a deposit and told him I need to know by the weekend when it will ship. I really want this unit, I have the money, but it seems Daystar doesn't need my money. I have also contacted Rocky Road Outfitters, just in case, and the can get it out as soon as I order it. Guess they want my money. What do you think I should do???

Dude.. How is any of this Daystars fault? Call one of the forum sponsored companies and make the purchase, don't come on here and say your not happy with daystar because you don't know how to buy stuff online

Alandude58

TrainWreck618, when you have a local dealer network, why buy online? I also checked them and they didn't have any. I've been in manufacturing and understand supply vs demand and gearing up production to meet demands. Small shops would be unable to gear up, but larger manufactures should be able to do that. As demand outstrips production, sometimes you need to sub-contract parts, to your specs, and do final assembly. That's what I did with the automotive industry in Detroit.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
TrainWreck618, when you have a local dealer network, why buy online? I also checked them and they didn't have any. I've been in manufacturing and understand supply vs demand and gearing up production to meet demands. Small shops would be unable to gear up, but larger manufactures should be able to do that. As demand outstrips production, sometimes you need to sub-contract parts, to your specs, and do final assembly. That's what I did with the automotive industry in Detroit.
Happy to hear Daystar took care of you. I just don't see why you needed to make a post saying your not happy with daystar because the company you chose to order from couldn't help you.. You could call Havoc, Trail Jeeps, ect.. And they would have gladly taken your order and sent your part to your doorstep. Just because a company in your area sells daystar products and they don't know anything about them does not mean that you make a post about daystar.. You call another company..

Top Bottom