35" Nitto Trail Grappler to 37" Cooper STT

lulu2533

If this has been discussed already I apologize.
These tires are about the same weight, at least from my research. I already have gussetts welded on my c's. I know that the usual advice for getting 37's is sleeves, truss, and upgrade when it brakes.
Since I have already been running the Nittos for 2 years with moderate offroading a few times a year is it safe to say I would be alright running the 37" Coopers? Or should I still upgrade my axles? Will I need to do a draglink flip with 37's? Sorry for noob questions. Thanks.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
What is your current setup? D30/D44 front, lift size, etc, etc?

x2 on this.

Me personally, and this has been on 2 of my jeeps so far, both being rubicons with D44 fronts. I ran 37s with only c-gussets, with no issues. Gearing will be one of your biggest factors tho.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
If this has been discussed already I apologize.
These tires are about the same weight, at least from my research. I already have gussetts welded on my c's. I know that the usual advice for getting 37's is sleeves, truss, and upgrade when it brakes.
Since I have already been running the Nittos for 2 years with moderate offroading a few times a year is it safe to say I would be alright running the 37" Coopers? Or should I still upgrade my axles? Will I need to do a draglink flip with 37's? Sorry for noob questions. Thanks.

Weight is not the factor for breaking axle components. The larger diameter of the tire creates more leverage and more force being applied to the axle, therefore breaking parts easier. How "hard" you wheel is also a factor. Sleeves and trusses do not protect your internals which are what break when you go to bigger tires. At most you should look into a set of

Your profile says JKUR is this still true? If so, you should look into a set of chromoy axle shafts with full circle clips.

Drag link flip kits are to correct your steering geometry if you have over 3" of lift, tire size does not matter.

lulu2533

Yes, my profile is still the same. 2.5 RK lift, 13 JKUR dana 44, 4.10's. Currently running the 35 nittos.
I run blues and some blacks at Rausch Creek.
The diameter was what I was worried about. So new axle shafts then.

Top Bottom