Relocate sway bar?

BenJKWrangler15

Hey there WAL.

As I know strictly NOTHING on that matter, I hope you'll excuse my ignorance on that matter.

So being in the process of making my own front bumper, I ended up hitting a wall (or a sway bar, in that case) when trying to figure out how I'd fit my winch up front, conceiled behind my front bumper and also "body-flush". Here, a pic for reference ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472655022.376274.jpg

And sooo, the sway bar's in my way.

Can I relocate it further back on the frame rails and shorten it, since it'd be in the way of other suspension components?

Or would that mess up the entire geometry and drivability of the Jeep?

Thanks in advance for all the help! And maybe a roast from OverlanderJK [emoji23] I'm sure he won't miss an opportunity to bash on a thread like this :)

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, I'll bite. This is just my opinion but to me, that looks totally retarded and I can't even see what the real benefit of something like that is. Of course, I'm just a mall crawler. That being said, your sway bar arms are like levers - you ever try removing a control arm bolt with a standard short ratchet? As far as relocating the sway bar goes, where did you have in mind, back into the motor? Might as well just run without a sway bar if your're so determined to do this. But again, this is just me.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Are you working with a standard sway bar? or a Rubi bar?

I personally have always been curious to how these flush bumpers with a winch actually work. From that pic...and what I can see...they are just running a standard sway bar mounted in the same position since they are not too large. Also I just noticed how much of the frame rails have been cut down, which I would never want to do or feel safe driving with that.

WJCO

Meme King
Is it just me or does that rig not even have a track bar??

Yep, it's missing. The upper bracket is empty. I guess you could take that off too if you really like the bumper. :cheesy: You need to ask yourself, how bad do you want this bumper?

Last edited:

BenJKWrangler15

Okay, I'll bite. This is just my opinion but to me, that looks totally retarded and I can't even see what the real benefit of something like that is. Of course, I'm just a mall crawler. That being said, your sway bar arms are like levers - you ever try removing a control arm bolt with a standard short ratchet? As far as relocating the sway bar goes, where did you have in mind, back into the motor? Might as well just run without a sway bar if your're so determined to do this. But again, this is just me.

Always nice to have you chime in on threads Eddie.

Are you working with a standard sway bar? or a Rubi bar?

I personally have always been curious to how these flush bumpers with a winch actually work. From that pic...and what I can see...they are just running a standard sway bar mounted in the same position since they are not too large. Also I just noticed how much of the frame rails have been cut down, which I would never want to do or feel safe driving with that.

Standard - and yeah I guess.

Is it just me or does that rig not even have a track bar??

Idk

rinkishjk

I'll bite, that jk looks like river Raider junk, and kinda silly at that. Is there even an actual winch in there, or is the thimble glued on? 😦

Ddays

Hooked
Yow, is this thing driven on the street??

Check out RED2ROK's build thread he has a similar setup as far as bumper/winch...

Top Bottom