New in box MOPAR Clockspring

geberhard

Douchebag
I bought this new from the dealer for a 2010JK. My understanding is the same part will work on all 2007 and up Wranglers and other Chrysler cars and vans as well (they superseed the part number every year but it it pretty much the same). My pat number is part MOPAR 5156106AF same as #5156106AD. I have helped change on a 2008 and 2013 and the parts were identical. I would like $150 shipped, I think I paid a bit double from the dealer. My understanding is all dealers are on back order for this part.

There is a great write up here on how to change the part http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?11381-JK-Wrangler-Clockspring-Replacement-DIY-Write-Up

Thanks!

Last edited:

JEEPnGEO

I got a card from the dealer about a recall on my clockspring. I have a 2009. Sorry for the sideline.

madstiles

I bought this new from the dealer for a 2010JK. My understanding is the same part will work on all 2007 and up Wranglers and other Chrysler cars and vans as well (they superseed the part number every year but it it pretty much the same). My pat number is part MOPAR 5156106AF same as #5156106AD. I have helped change on a 2008 and 2013 and the parts were identical. I would like $150 shipped, I think I paid a bit double from the dealer. My understanding is all dealers are on back order for this part.

There is a great write up here on how to change the part http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?11381-JK-Wrangler-Clockspring-Replacement-DIY-Write-Up

Thanks!

Call the dealer see if their's a recall on yours they will reimburse you for the clock spring repair . Think you can also go to the support website but dealer will be able to help. I have an 08 recalled also glws

geberhard

Douchebag
Cool, and yep, contact your dearlership as the recall can apply for some years. My understanding is that most dealers are on national back order for this part. It is possible they would install this part (Chrysler OEM part) if you are on the recall program and you could get a refund through their program.

Top Bottom