EVO Enforcer 3" Lift - Shock Choices

matt87951

As the title states, I am looking for some feedback on the shocks to go along with the EVO Enforcer kit, specifically the 3" kit. I have a 2013 JKUR 10th Anniversary, and it's been at stock height long enough. Last time I was out I got stuck in a stupid spot, so some additional height is needed. I have pretty much concluded that Rancho 5000x shocks would work great, but since these are kind of new, I haven't seen a ton of info out there, though the reviews I have seen are positive. I am also open to other options, but at the same time trying to keep the cost relatively reasonable, considering the Enforcer kit isn't the cheapest kit, though it does appear to be one of the most complete.

I believe the part numbers I would need are: RS55329 & RS55330, correct? I have seen reference to the 331 & 332 numbers also for a 3" lift as well, so I want to make sure I get the right parts.

Outside of the lift, shocks, and exhaust spacers, is there anything else I need to run this lift? I do have factory wheels (and tires) currently, so I do also understand that I would need to either replace my wheels or get wheel spacers when I go to 35's. Is there anything that I am forgetting, or something that others have found is really something that should be done? I have seen yes and no on a driveshaft, seems 3" should be okay, but anything beyond that definitely needs one.

Here is a photo of me stuck, hopefully the lift and larger tires will keep me from getting stuck in something easy like this. Hard to tell from the photo, but I had no traction front or rear at this point, and had to be yanked over the hill by my group.

matt87951_JKUR10A_TT.jpg

I don't really plan to run anything larger than 35" tires (currently), however I definitely want to keep stock fenders for now. Eventually, I might move to 37's, but that opens a whole new discussion, so I want to keep my jeep build rather low key currently, and if and when I want to go bigger, I already have what I believe is a pretty good starting point.

Lastly, any recommendations for a one-stop shop to order all of the components, at the best prices?

Appreciate it!
-Matt

scull20

Skip the exhaust spacer. Run the stock DS until the boot is shot and then just get a new smaller DIA aftermarket shaft. Or just get the shaft now.

Make sure you shift your EVAP skid over to clear your rear driveshaft while flexing.

Reroute your rear brake lines if you'd like. This will keep them out of harms way from the sway bar links while flexing.

I have a 3" enforcer, stock wheels with spacers and 35" mud grapplers. No rubbing on stock uncut fenders, and it rides well.

Check the enforcers unite thread for good info on the kit. Especially if you plan on installing yourself.

You may also want a programmer to reset your shift points for the larger tires, if and when you get them.

Call Trail Jeeps in Colorado to order everything. They're very helpful and will discount the products they can. Mention you're a wayalife member.

ROBnTANK

This is the same lift I have been eyeing for awhile now. Everything I have heard has been nothing but good reviews. I am also still trying to figure out exactly what is need to properly install this lift.

matt87951

Skip the exhaust spacer. Run the stock DS until the boot is shot and then just get a new smaller DIA aftermarket shaft. Or just get the shaft now.

Make sure you shift your EVAP skid over to clear your rear driveshaft while flexing.

Reroute your rear brake lines if you'd like. This will keep them out of harms way from the sway bar links while flexing.

I have a 3" enforcer, stock wheels with spacers and 35" mud grapplers. No rubbing on stock uncut fenders, and it rides well.

Check the enforcers unite thread for good info on the kit. Especially if you plan on installing yourself.

You may also want a programmer to reset your shift points for the larger tires, if and when you get them.

Call Trail Jeeps in Colorado to order everything. They're very helpful and will discount the products they can. Mention you're a wayalife member.

Thanks Scull, I might just bite the bullet and get the driveshaft other away. I want my build to be done right. I already had the Dana/Spicer driveshaft on my list, but I didn't think it was needed right away.

EVAP skid is easy, thanks for the reminder as I read about that previously. Are there details about how to re-route the longer brake lines in the Enforcers Unite thread? I have read some of that thread, but not he whole thing. I do plan to do the install mostly myself, except for the welding as I don't have the ability to do that.

What shocks are you running with your setup?

I have a manual, so shift points aren't a problem, but if I recall correctly with the larger tires I would still need to make some changes in order to correct the speedo and such, right?

Again, thanks for all that info, it is a big help, and is pretty much what my gut was telling me on the driveshaft. Eventually I plan to go with the Borla Crawler series exhaust that would also eliminate the need for spacers, but I want the lift before the exhaust.

At this point, I think the only outstanding question is my original, which is what shocks, and which length. Anyone have some feedback on that?

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Thanks Scull, I might just bite the bullet and get the driveshaft other away. I want my build to be done right. I already had the Dana/Spicer driveshaft on my list, but I didn't think it was needed right away.

EVAP skid is easy, thanks for the reminder as I read about that previously. Are there details about how to re-route the longer brake lines in the Enforcers Unite thread? I have read some of that thread, but not he whole thing. I do plan to do the install mostly myself, except for the welding as I don't have the ability to do that.

What shocks are you running with your setup?

I have a manual, so shift points aren't a problem, but if I recall correctly with the larger tires I would still need to make some changes in order to correct the speedo and such, right?

Again, thanks for all that info, it is a big help, and is pretty much what my gut was telling me on the driveshaft. Eventually I plan to go with the Borla Crawler series exhaust that would also eliminate the need for spacers, but I want the lift before the exhaust.

At this point, I think the only outstanding question is my original, which is what shocks, and which length. Anyone have some feedback on that?

Yes. All of this is correct. Ryan (scull) is absolutely correct in everything he has said. 3" enforcer is an awesome lift a d is highly recommended. In my opinion, pair either king 2.5s for an unmatchable ride, or go for the rancho 9000s. The rancho 5000s are a monotube shock and will have a little bit of a harsher ride. The 9000s, while being double the price of 5000s, are worth the extra money on a lift like the enforcer. They are a triple tube design( believe I've read that somewhere) They have an easy to access knob to adjust a softer or more firm ride so you can dial in exactly how you like your jeep riding bc in all honesty, ride is completely subjective.

Also as ryan has said, call Trail Jeeps. Tim is an awesome guy and they will do whatever they can to get you everything you want for a price that works for you. They helped my out greatly when money was tight and my jeep was basically not driveable.

As for driveshafts, i would look into Adams, JE Reel, or Coast. Honestly most people go for adams as they are the cheapest, and they sure do not feel cheap when you hold them in your hand.

I like my rancho 9ks and theyre hard to beat for quality vs price, but will probably go to kings when they wear out. Do the driveshaft if you can swing the cash now and skip the spacer. All around awesome lift.

matt87951

Yes. All of this is correct. Ryan (scull) is absolutely correct in everything he has said. 3" enforcer is an awesome lift a d is highly recommended. In my opinion, pair either king 2.5s for an unmatchable ride, or go for the rancho 9000s. The rancho 5000s are a monotube shock and will have a little bit of a harsher ride. The 9000s, while being double the price of 5000s, are worth the extra money on a lift like the enforcer. They are a triple tube design( believe I've read that somewhere) They have an easy to access knob to adjust a softer or more firm ride so you can dial in exactly how you like your jeep riding bc in all honesty, ride is completely subjective.

Also as ryan has said, call Trail Jeeps. Tim is an awesome guy and they will do whatever they can to get you everything you want for a price that works for you. They helped my out greatly when money was tight and my jeep was basically not driveable.

As for driveshafts, i would look into Adams, JE Reel, or Coast. Honestly most people go for adams as they are the cheapest, and they sure do not feel cheap when you hold them in your hand.

Just to be clear, I am interested in the Rancho 5000x, not the 5000. I believe they ride very similar to the 9000's, but just not adjustable (from reviews I have read). I would love to go with King shocks, but they are just no in the budget at this time. Maybe down the road when this first set needs replacement. Because of the deal Rancho has right now, it wouldn't be that big of a jump to go with the 9000's, so I might go that route instead of the 5000x.

I will get in touch with Trail Jeeps after the holiday and go from there. I appreciate the feedback there.

Anything wrong with the Dana driveshafts? Seems they are roughly the same price as the rest. In that $470 price range. At what point would I want to consider a 1350, vs 1310 driveshaft?

scull20

I have the rancho 9000s with my 3" enforcer. Truthfully I have not had much chance to play with the adjustment settings. In the end it's a matter of personal preference.

I don't have any experience or know what the dana DSs have to offer or not offer vs others. As far as 1310 vs 1350...you'll get varying opinions on that subject as well. I have a 1310 up front and the OEM shaft in the rear. If I replaced it, I would go with a 1350. I'm running a 4 door with some armor, run a hard top half the year, and pack plenty of gear while wheeling...the extra weight and 35's (37's in the future?) has me leaning for the beefier shaft.

Top Bottom