They dont like it when you promote your business without paying

StormTracker

Finally made the leap and got my 37s! 37 x 13.5 x 22 to be exact! The drive-ability isn't bad as most people will make you believe, as long as your not expecting the Jk to preform like a Mercedes 6x6 I don't think most people would mind the slower acceleration and heavier turning in trade for a much more badass looking jk. Im running stock gears, stock axels, and stock cv joints, the only thing really beefed up is the front end where i'm running:

Synergy Tie Rod, Ball Joints, and Drag Link
Rubicon Express Track Bar
Rough Country duel steering stabilizer

Also anyone in the colorado springs area with a tire carrie for sale? I got the spare as well but ain't no way I'm trusting that plastic thing on the back.

Before:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472830906.485866.jpg

After:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472830940.767692.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472831005.406741.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472830965.568591.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472830965.568591.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 503
Last edited:

StormTracker

I'll disagree.
37s with stock gears is pretty horrible.

I mean.... Yeah but come on. Some of you guys play it out like you can't go over 40. I was cruising at 65 no problem and my RPMs are staying a little lower which is a plus for the motor as it isn't jumping to switch gears

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
I also have a question about running 37 inch tires with 22 inch wheels: Doesn't that hurt your off road capability by running such a small sidewall?

benatc1

Hooked
I feel like these pics are the ultimate before and after pics like you see on the weight loss commercials...I've driven under geared jeeps with 35s and that was unenjoyable enough

Last edited:

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I mean.... Yeah but come on. Some of you guys play it out like you can't go over 40. I was cruising at 65 no problem and my RPMs are staying a little lower which is a plus for the motor as it isn't jumping to switch gears

Well yeah you can get up to speed.. Your just going to be pissing everyone off behind you! I would hate to be behind you getting on the highway, heaven forbid a hill. Im hoping your running 3.73's cause if we are talking 3.21's you have some patience

StormTracker

Well yeah you can get up to speed.. Your just going to be pissing everyone off behind you! I would hate to be behind you getting on the highway, heaven forbid a hill. Im hoping your running 3.73's cause if we are talking 3.21's you have some patience

Let them be pissed off, I'm happy.

StormTracker

I also have a question about running 37 inch tires with 22 inch wheels: Doesn't that hurt your off road capability by running such a small sidewall?

Ehh depends on what your talking about, I personally think rock crawling is kinda lame so I'll never know there. Now will it get me to some of my remote camping site and through mud and snow? Yep, no problem!

StormTracker

Just moved up to 37s!!

Yeah my thoughts as well. Why not keep the wheel smaller? Maybe 18" for a 37 I think would be the max I would go.

I picked 5 of these , with rim, up for $1900 off craigslist. 4 of them have more than 3/4s worth of tread and the spare is brand new. Sure a 20' is always preferable and when it comes to replace the tire its cheaper but I have 22s and love them.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I picked 5 of these , with rim, up for $1900 off craigslist. 4 of them have more than 3/4s worth of tread and the spare is brand new. Sure a 20' is always preferable and when it comes to replace the tire its cheaper but I have 22s and love them.

You could have paid less than that for a brand new pair of M/T tires and kept your stock wheels. By why do that? You got 22's now!

StormTracker

You could have paid less than that for a brand new pair of M/T tires and kept your stock wheels. By why do that? You got 22's now!

Condescending much? I can turn around and sell these rims for damn near what I paid for them wrapped in tires if I wanted to. But why do that right? I could have stuck with my shit ass plasti-dip covered, rusted rims and just paid for brand new set of tires with little resale value after used! That makes sense!

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Condescending much? I can turn around and sell these rims for damn near what I paid for them wrapped in tires if I wanted to. But why do that right? I could have stuck with my shit ass plasti-dip covered, rusted rims and just paid for brand new set of tires with little resale value after used! That makes sense!

As long as you are happy that is all that matters. :beer:

thardy

Banned

Sorry man, but you're not going to find many people here that like the idea of 20" wheels, much less 22s. Most of the people here whee their Jeep, and do so on rocks, so 20s and 22s have little purpose to us. As long as you like it, that's all that matters.

Top Bottom