Drag link clearance?

BRaVell

I still have the stock drag link with a flip kit. At full stuff of the right front tire the drag link contact the frame before full shock compression.

1.Is it possible to Un flip a flipped drag link because of the drilled knuckle.

2. Is there a drag link shaped to allow better clearance. Thanks

Attachments

• 1472993182721.jpg
    1472993182721.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 150

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Do you at least have 3" bump stops? That is the minimum length required for a drag link flip.

Last edited:

JKbrick

I still have the stock drag link with a flip kit. At full stuff of the right front tire the drag link contact the frame before full shock compression.

1.Is it possible to Un flip a flipped drag link because of the drilled knuckle.

2. Is there a drag link shaped to allow better clearance. Thanks

Curious how you have your stock drag link flipped?

jeeeep

Hooked
yes they make tapered sleeves to put it back to stock location but why? you'll loose the benefit that a flipped drag link provides - much bigger benefit than a ramp score.

like others have said, increase your bump stop. that's why you cycle your axle, to see what height bumpstop you need before things begin to contact the frame and to make sure your shocks are the correct length.

Rottenbelly

With the drag link flip and 4.5 inches of lift my old jeep still hit the frame.Had to add mucho bumpstops. Still had about 1.5-2 inches of shock up travel on that side.
I have seen a few folks actually notch the frame.
That's the only reason I see not doing it with minimal lift. You are gonna loose up travel on that side regardless, but the question is how much up travel.
Old jeep...

Last edited:

BRaVell

I was thinking about fliping it back to gain the travel 6pac shocks benefits. I could be absolutely wrong but I thought I read somewhere were people say the benefit is minimal and wol doesn't use it and his jeep is way more built than mine will ever be

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I was thinking about fliping it back to gain the travel 6pac shocks benefits. I could be absolutely wrong but I thought I read somewhere were people say the benefit is minimal and wol doesn't use it and his jeep is way more built than mine will ever be

WAL DOES use it though...

Tree Frog

That and please do your homework and read everything you can about those 6 pack shocks. Then start deciding what other system you want to run.

BRaVell

I'm still messing with bump stops. Cycling suspension is not the easiest thing to do in an apartment complex. But adding the 3 inches of bump stop should be easy enough.

I have read on them. Some people love them others hate them like most anything in life. They will get me by for now... I'll just wait and see what longevity looks like.

Top Bottom