Brake light

SilverBack

Are you referring to the third break light? Is it stock or have you done any mods to it? Have you removed the wire loom from the body to the tailgate? Check for switches adjusted properly, then switches stuck closed next crimped wires. Hope this helps.

srbell0585

My brake lights were staying on after bringing in home from the dealer. If I remember right there is no adjustment for the brake light switch at the brake pedal so I had to bend the bracket just enough to release the switch.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
The brake light on your dash is for the ebrake. Mine was doing that for a while. Finally stopped on its own. One buddy of mine had the same thing and found that there is just a copper switch for it under the console that gets dirty

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Check fluid level, check that ebrake isn't stuck engaged, look for leaks.

all of this^^^^ its usually the ebrake is slightly engaged or that the brake fluid level is low. if its low I would bleed your brakes after you add fluid to make sure no air got in the lines while your were going up hills or down.

So my brake reservoir was extremely low on fluid and now I barely have a clutch. It was a hard time driving home. Looked for leaks on everything and it checked out. The only leak I have is coming from inside the transmission. You can see it where the hole is on a manual looking into the transmission. Idk if it's brake fluid or oil... Could it be brake fluid?

Wvjeepguy

It could be brake fluid. I recall reading somewhere that it could be a bad seal in the brake or clutch master cylinders that would cause leaking from the clutch or even the clutch pedal. I know some jeeps share a fluid reservoir for the brake and clutch so a leak could cause both issues.

WJCO

Meme King
So my brake reservoir was extremely low on fluid and now I barely have a clutch. It was a hard time driving home. Looked for leaks on everything and it checked out. The only leak I have is coming from inside the transmission. You can see it where the hole is on a manual looking into the transmission. Idk if it's brake fluid or oil... Could it be brake fluid?

Smell it and compare. Brake fluid has a very distinct smell. Also if it's clear/yellow in color it is probably brake fluid. It could be brake fluid in that area, that's where your clutch slave cylinder is.

Top Bottom