35s stock suspension on a 2012 rubicon

Chasemr11

Ok i know this has probably been brought up and debated a hundred times but im currently in afghanistan and im about to come home and looking to buy new tires for my rubicon..ive read everything from they wont fit..to they will on a rubicon..to i will need this and that..so pretty much is there anyone who can give me a definite answer to this problem so i can buy some tires!? Also note that i already have cut fender flares so no rubbing there. Thanks y'all!

Rottenbelly

35 fit with flat fenders and a leveling kit.
They would probably fit with flat fenders and no lift but only for driving on the street.

christov11

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

not from first hand but loads of research.

it'll work, but i wouldnt take that out on the trail until you get a budget boost at least. I wouldnt want to be in a situation where theres body damage from a tire or the body kills the tire. Kindof the same mentality as having the straps with you on the trail, hope for the best but expect the worst.

Last edited:

Grubbicon

Here is a picture of my brothers rig that is 100% stock suspension other then a little extra bump stop in the rear. Those are 37s and it has been through hell and back. 35s and stock suspension is definitely do able you just cant be scares to break a grinder out on it.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473256143.269422.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473256285.219896.jpg

scull20

35's, OEM wheels and spacers. Ran like this for a week or so. They fit...but hit the fender when going over bumps.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473265283.491709.jpg

Cutting the fenders would have solved the problem, but I was just waiting to install the lift.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Ok i know this has probably been brought up and debated a hundred times but im currently in afghanistan and im about to come home and looking to buy new tires for my rubicon..ive read everything from they wont fit..to they will on a rubicon..to i will need this and that..so pretty much is there anyone who can give me a definite answer to this problem so i can buy some tires!? Also note that i already have cut fender flares so no rubbing there. Thanks y'all!
since you already have cut fender they will fit just fine. if you want to wheel your jeep like that then you will need to add slightly longer bump stops to help prevent you from rubbing at full stuff.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?6825-Scorpicon-Build-Thread/page8

Last edited:
Top Bottom