Liners.

awdel87

Herculiner vs Duplicolor liner.
Which one is better, stronger and last longer.
And do they retain the transmission heat out??

Gravedigger11

Raptoliner or monstaliner is much better. Best uv rating. Just know if you get the water based duplicolor it takes awhile to cure. I used raptoliner on my tub. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473284745.813772.jpg

WJCO

Meme King

Herculiner was easy and cheap for us. It's a little coarser look than some of the others. I've had it about 3 years now with no issues. Sure there's some dirt in some of the corners, but every time I've cleaned it with water and a brush it comes out fine. The transmission tunnel definitely feels hotter near my leg on long trips up hills, etc. Around town and on the highway, no issues. Note it will reek of chemicals for 2-3 weeks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

I have used both and if you have a compressor and can spray it on, that's the way to go for the best finish. If you have to roll/brush it on, it'll look pretty good but it will look rolled/brushed on.

That being said, Duplicolor has a finer tooth to it and is harder to the touch but it will stay nice and black. By comparison, Herculiner will have a toothier feel and the bits will be softer being that they are made out of rubber. I personally like the look and feel of Herculiner better but it will fade over time. There are UV top coats you can use to help prevent this but the fading didn't bother me too much - just made it look charcoal gray as opposed to gloss black.

Now, what I might recommend using instead is Raptor Liner but again, you will need a compressor to apply it. Still, it's much easier to use an the results are pro like. Like Herculiner, Raptor Liner can be made to go on fine or toothy depending on how much air you're using and how far away you're shooting. Raptor liner also stays black and dries much faster. It is what I used on our CJ5 and you can see pics of it here.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...ying-New-Life-into-the-Tub-of-an-old-Jeep-CJ5

attachment.php

With all that said, I personally wouldn't bed line my JK's. I really like having carpeting that's also has heat shielding.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I agree, I much rather have carpeting, however, I always wondered if spraying would help for sound denting (road noise). Not like it's bad, but just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Herculiner maybe as you can really lay it down thick and it has so much rubber in it but for all the work involved, I might just get some dynomat under foot. Granted, I run a soft top with half doors, 40" MTs and a V8. The only sound deadening for me is ear plugs.

Watch WAYALIFE YouTube Videos
WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

WJCO

Meme King
I agree, I much rather have carpeting, however, I always wondered if spraying would help for sound denting (road noise). Not like it's bad, but just curious.

Strangely enough for us, after lining ours, we both felt that road noise was reduced but engine and exhaust noise was louder. Not sure why :idontknow:

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
Herculiner maybe as you can really lay it down thick and it has so much rubber in it but for all the work involved, I might just get some dynomat under foot. Granted, I run a soft top with half doors, 40" MTs and a V8. The only sound deadening for me is ear plugs.

Watch WAYALIFE YouTube Videos
WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

Yeah, I hear what your saying. The tire noise is there to stay. Wish I had the v8 noise. Someday.

J

JKDream

I have used both and if you have a compressor and can spray it on, that's the way to go for the best finish. If you have to roll/brush it on, it'll look pretty good but it will look rolled/brushed on.

That being said, Duplicolor has a finer tooth to it and is harder to the touch but it will stay nice and black. By comparison, Herculiner will have a toothier feel and the bits will be softer being that they are made out of rubber. I personally like the look and feel of Herculiner better but it will fade over time. There are UV top coats you can use to help prevent this but the fading didn't bother me too much - just made it look charcoal gray as opposed to gloss black.

Now, what I might recommend using instead is Raptor Liner but again, you will need a compressor to apply it. Still, it's much easier to use an the results are pro like. Like Herculiner, Raptor Liner can be made to go on fine or toothy depending on how much air you're using and how far away you're shooting. Raptor liner also stays black and dries much faster. It is what I used on our CJ5 and you can see pics of it here.

With all that said, I personally wouldn't bed line my JK's. I really like having carpeting that's also has heat shielding.

Could you use something like this on a tire carrier?
Paint doesn't seem to want to stick to my Crawler Conceptz carrier.
Seems like this would be decently tough.

Top Bottom