RPM'S are jumping

wharfrat1121

So a month or so ago I was on the trail and my RPM's started running away on me. I mean red lining. Took the throttle body apart on the trail and it was squeaky clean. Decided to only wheel half the day and took a long stressful drive home when I decided to disconnect the battery and that seemed to fix the problem. Now my RPM's is still jumping around while idle. Not crazy but still shouldn't be doing it. It also feels as if there is hesitation at times while cruising over 30 mph. Any thoughts? Its a 14Jk manual with less than 20k miles.

Thank you in advanced!

WJCO

Meme King
So a month or so ago I was on the trail and my RPM's started running away on me. I mean red lining. Took the throttle body apart on the trail and it was squeaky clean. Decided to only wheel half the day and took a long stressful drive home when I decided to disconnect the battery and that seemed to fix the problem. Now my RPM's is still jumping around while idle. Not crazy but still shouldn't be doing it. It also feels as if there is hesitation at times while cruising over 30 mph. Any thoughts? Its a 14Jk manual with less than 20k miles.

Thank you in advanced!

Should be under warranty unless you're over by time. Don't wait on fixing that.

jeeeep

Hooked
I had a similar issue with my 2010 auto within 6 months, dealer reflashed it also had an update in the flash. no issues since.

Top Bottom