Dynatrac Ball Joints

bholder817

So I purchased new ball joints for my jeep. Picked the dynatrac because I can rebuild them. I promised my jeep to be my daughter in 6 years. So buy the good stuff so it lasts. Ups delivered today and I was hoping to install tomorrow. But I am questioning the lowers. So question to anyone that may know. Is this the correct lower? It looks nothing like all the pictures I have seen. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473480572.276370.jpg

A.J.

Yes those are correct. I thought the same thing when I got mine. I think they changed the cap on the lowers for people running RCV axles.

bholder817

Okay so how is it able to be rebuilt? If you know? I looked at the rebuild kit and the instructions and it is not showing this lower being rebuilt. Just curious.

bholder817

I tried but it was after 5 today when I got home and opened my packages. Was just curious if anyone knew for sure. I was on there website looking at all the pics of the lower and even looked at the rebuild kit and instructions and it doesn't show the flat top of the ball joint. Only reason I am asking the forum is because I wanted to start this project at around 7 am tomorrow morning. Don't wanna install the wrong part.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yes they are the correct ones. I just installed mine a few weeks ago and they are amazing! You will love them!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473506034.918162.jpg .
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473506051.790035.jpg .

tgoss

Has anyone on this forum run both these and Rare Parts ball joints to compare? Can't imagine theirs much of a difference just wondering if anyone has feedback.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone on this forum run both these and Rare Parts ball joints to compare? Can't imagine theirs much of a difference just wondering if anyone has feedback.

I have yet to have a need to rebuild or replace the Dynatrac ball joints I have. Don't know anyone running rare parts.

DRTYRAT30

Might be a dumb question, but if I get a set of Dynatrac Ball joints for my rubi 44 can I pull them and reuse on a prorock 44 if I upgrade down the road?

Moochie

Might be a dumb question, but if I get a set of Dynatrac Ball joints for my rubi 44 can I pull them and reuse on a prorock 44 if I upgrade down the road?

Yes. I reused mine when I did the same thing. Off Road Evolution did the swap.

wcarlson40

So how much of a PITA are they to install? I'm debating whether I want to try to tackle this myself, or pay somebody to do it...

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So how much of a PITA are they to install? I'm debating whether I want to try to tackle this myself, or pay somebody to do it...

Hardest part IMO is removing the old BJ's. Otherwise pressing in the new pro steers is pretty easy. I would make sure you have all the right tools before you tackle it.

Top Bottom