Spiderweb Shade Flapping Issue

josiahmarton

Recently bought a spiderweb shade for my JKU and it is flapping quite a bit on the speaker bar area at any speed past 30 mph. I'm wondering if this is a common problem or if I could have possibly installed it incorrectly. Let me know if you have had a similar issue and if you were able to fix it. Thanks.

trailless

Caught the Bug
I had the same issue. You could use a long screw/ bolt, a couple washers and a couple wing nuts. Put those through the shade and into the holes for the hard top.

Itr.#1446

Sounds like you guys need new bungee cords. I also notice when installing mine there is two ring holes above the bar and two straps it looked it.

BdugJK

I have been running mine for 2 years now and no issues. The holes are so you can reinstall a hard top and not remove the Spider web shade. I would agree with everyone its either an install issue or in need of new bungees. Good luck sorting out the source of the problem.

JKRicky

I have zero flapping as well. Make sure it's tight. Install the front straps first and then install rear straps making sure it's pulled back nice and tight. Then add the additional side straps.

robertoloco

I had this problem and showed the Spiderweb Rep at a off road event and he said I was missing the velcro that goes in that area.He also showed me the proper way to install the bungees(balls down)and gave me some new bungees as mine was older and needed some.

Kilroy

I had this problem and showed the Spiderweb Rep at a off road event and he said I was missing the velcro that goes in that area.He also showed me the proper way to install the bungees(balls down)and gave me some new bungees as mine was older and needed some.

Thought we all knew that[emoji13][emoji13][emoji13][emoji13]

Sorry could not help myself

tharb5111

Recently bought a spiderweb shade for my JKU and it is flapping quite a bit on the speaker bar area at any speed past 30 mph. I'm wondering if this is a common problem or if I could have possibly installed it incorrectly. Let me know if you have had a similar issue and if you were able to fix it. Thanks.[/QUOT

mine did this too. Put up with it for a year. Then I purchased the front and rear dirty dog sun
shades. They are way better. Zero flaps. Easier to install by far abd even better coverage with no gaps near roll bar like spider shade had.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
mine did this too. Put up with it for a year. Then I purchased the front and rear dirty dog sun
shades. They are way better. Zero flaps. Easier to install by far abd even better coverage with no gaps near roll bar like spider shade had.

Cause it's hard to install some bungee cords?

thombull

I had the same thing happen and I went to the local hardware store and got a few more of the bungee cords and that did the trick.

Top Bottom