EVO No Limits on demand

LarryG

Ok, as some of you know, I have a 2016 Rubicon, but decided to build a two door...to save my wife's treasure. I bought a Sport, and am building it to hammer and have fun. I am considering taking the Sway Bar out of the Rubi and putting it into the Sport. I am intrigued by the EVO No Limits disconnect and am hopeful you might provide some insights, thoughts, and recommendations on swapping the sway bar, and doing the air powered disconnect on the new build. Thanks.

boardsurfer

I have the manual version and can tell you it is freaking awesome. I have to get out to air down anyway and the nolimits takes all of 10 seconds to activate while Im out there. It's so easy, I almost always forget to reconnect when I'm done and have to stop again 20 feet later. No worrying about being level or getting muddy.. Easily one of my favorite things on my jeep.

I am pretty sure the air version doesnt come with any plumbing which leaves a bit of work on your side for install.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
From what I can tell, the no limits is only the one part. Still need air, small air tank, solenoid, air lines, switch and wiring.

As for swapping the sway bars, that has been done before. You should be able to find some kind of writeup. Shouldnt be hard to figure out the mechanical part of the swap.

You may want to find a rubi takeoff maybe with a burned up motor. The no limits would replace the motor anyway. I will do the air powered no limits if my motor ever burns up.

LarryG

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Honestly I think the original no limits is plenty. The air no limits is nice but not really needed. Plus you have to buy extra parts to make it work so it comes at a big cost.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Honestly I think the original no limits is plenty. The air no limits is nice but not really needed. Plus you have to buy extra parts to make it work so it comes at a big cost.

x2 on this. I thought about switching to air no limits (still on the factory electric motor) till I realized how expensive it would be to get everything needed....and I do have a compressor already.

LarryG

x2 on this. I thought about switching to air no limits (still on the factory electric motor) till I realized how expensive it would be to get everything needed....and I do have a compressor already.

But....if money was no issue....?????

LarryG

Thanks....lots of stuff we buy is "not really needed", but there is the "cool factor", the "convenience factor", and the "lazy factor".....I am more concerned about the functionality factor.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
But....if money was no issue....?????
If money wasn't an issue than yea I would add it for shits and giggles cause j would have anything else to spend my money on.
Thanks....lots of stuff we buy is "not really needed", but there is the "cool factor", the "convenience factor", and the "lazy factor".....I am more concerned about the functionality factor.

Functionality wise there is no real difference between the two. They will both so the same thing on the trail your looking for. As for convenience You have to get out of the jeep to air down anyway. What's another 30 seconds to turn a knob? The only real benefit I see to the air over the manual is that in off camber situations you can lock it back up if need be.

LarryG

Thanks, Cozdude. I certainly do not have unlimited funds- retired, no real income, but I really like to explore stuff and appreciate the perspective you and others provide.....:beer:

Evil

Thank! Very helpful. Did you have to upgrade to a dual compressor, or was the single high output adequate? I was planning to add disconnects on the Rubi after swap, and have the ProCal.

Right now I have the single and no air locker, I was offered a nice chunk for it so I took that and put it in the axle fund. If you knew you were getting front and rear lockers, disco and a tire fill kit and didn't have a compressor, get the dual. Otherwise a single is enough to run the disco and a front locker along with the tire fill kit.

Keep watching it. The price has already come down and I see it dropping more.

Totally agree with you. If I didn't already do it, I would do it again the same. For me, the fact that my stock actuator was not working properly and with my shoulder being messed up, this turned out to be a win win for me. I was originally going to go with the manual disco but didn't see myself getting my arm up and around a skid plate to disconnect it and not ending up in pain. After speaking with EVO on a spur of the moment innanet purchase I said F it and went all in.

LarryG

Right now I have the single and no air locker, I was offered a nice chunk for it so I took that and put it in the axle fund. If you knew you were getting front and rear lockers, disco and a tire fill kit and didn't have a compressor, get the dual. Otherwise a single is enough to run the disco and a front locker along with the tire fill kit.

Keep watching it. The price has already come down and I see it dropping more.

Totally agree with you. If I didn't already do it, I would do it again the same. For me, the fact that my stock actuator was not working properly and with my shoulder being messed up, this turned out to be a win win for me. I was originally going to go with the manual disco but didn't see myself getting my arm up and around a skid plate to disconnect it and not ending up in pain. After speaking with EVO on a spur of the moment innanet purchase I said F it and went all in.

So my PR60s are coming with lockers and the HO single ARB compressor- tire fill wouldn't be happening while the other stuff is using air....are you saying the single is not enough? I could probably pay to upgrade, but fitting a dual under the hood looks challenging.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So my PR60s are coming with lockers and the HO single ARB compressor- tire fill wouldn't be happening while the other stuff is using air....are you saying the single is not enough? I could probably pay to upgrade, but fitting a dual under the hood looks challenging.

Do you run your lockers and an air actuated sway at while airing up your tires? That's pretty cool if you do all of that at the same time.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Do you run your lockers and an air actuated sway at while airing up your tires? That's pretty cool if you do all of that at the same time.

:cheesy: I won't lie, when I read the post, I was thinking the same thing and just as I was about to post, I saw this :crazyeyes:

swampdog

A single WILL be able to fill up your tires, but depending on tire size, I would allow 30 minutes for all 4. With the ARB twin, I can knock all 4 of mine out in under 10.

LarryG

Maybe you misunderstood my post, or I did not communicate very well....I confirmed that one would NOT be using all at once. My question is whether a single would suffice.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
The single will do it all, it will just air up the tires slower.

The ARB air lockers and the disconnect do not use very much air each time they are used as I understand it.

Top Bottom